MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

He isn't coming back either. That is a season ender. Looks like Beachy will have a spot after all as well as Wood.

With Maholm and Hudson down I can't help but feel that the Braves have become snakebit with injuries the last few weeks.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Every time I think the Jays can't disappoint me anymore, they manage to blow a save on a bad bounce and then give up five runs in the top of the 10th.

When will they fire the freaking manager!!!

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

But nothing was as horrible as those Los Mets uniforms. I turned the game off, couldn't watch the Mets play in those uniforms.

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Hudson is 38 and that's the leg he throws from. I would bet real money that this is a career-ending injury.

5. Use of Time

That was my first thought as well. That could very well be his last game in professional baseball. It really sucks that a guy like Hudson has to go out like that after winning his fourth straight for a team that will most likely make the playoffs.

6. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the orange jerseys, but I think the "Los" thing is just plain stupid. It's a cop out. Figure out what the word for metropolitan or city is in whatever language you're pandering to, and put that on the jersey. Also, why only cater to the Latinos? It's not like there aren't any other ethnicities that flocked to NYC.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, the word would be Metropolitanos, which could be abbreviated as Mets.

8. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Put A-Rod back in the lineup. The fans and opposing players will make sure he knows he's a cheat. It'll be like when Bonds had a syringe thrown at him. He might say "Oh it doesn't bother me", but deep down it will. He'll never be a Hall of Famer and he might say "Oh, it doesn't bother me", but it will.

On the home front, anyone have a bag of baseballs that can we borrow to replace John Gibbons as manager? We'll even take a jockstrap; it would probably manage better.

9. Use of Time

10. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Miguel Cabrera was ejected with the bases loaded for arguing balls and strikes. Jim Leyland came out to argue and was tossed, too. Apparently, the Tigers have had problems with Chad Fairchild, who was working behind the plate for today's game.

I watched the replay and don't understand why Cabrera was tossed- let alone that it happened in the middle of his at-bat. No, he shouldn't have been arguing balls and strikes, but it's not as though his behavior was demonstrative in any way. His mouth was moving, but that's all happened before Fairchild signaled his ejection.

Honestly, when is baseball going to start holding umpires accountable for this garbage? These guys will do almost anything to get their names in the paper, but they won't stand in front of TV cameras or microphones after the game and answer questions. Someone needs to do something. This nonsense is way past old.

--Sran

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

In Spanish, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim translates to "The The Angels Angels of Anaheim." :lol:

The umpires have always acted like they're above the game. I saw a runner beat the play at the plate, but because he knocked over the umpire, the ump called him out.

12. Use of Time

The Braves sweep the Cardinals and the pitching staff only allowed three runs the entire series. That is a good thing. The Braves needed this series. The Phillies have said they are pretty much going to become sellers now. I'm having a good weekend.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because I have the MLB Package I've been watching more Pirate games lately and this week we've got a huge 5 game series between Pittsburgh and St. Louis. Thank you Atlanta for sweeping the Cards and setting up what could be pretty much a first round series. I'm actually getting more excited about this series than my team, the Giants who have sucked the bed lately.

14. Use of Time

Oh yeah, that is going to be a fun series. No doubt about it. I've also enjoyed the Reds/Dodgers series over the weekend. We are finally getting some games that could be potential playoff previews.

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, let's hold umpires accountable, give them crap, and try and make their lives miserable that they do their best to obstruct the next contract negotiations. That worked out great for the NFL recently didn't it?

16. Timby

Generally speaking, umpires will give you latitude for discussion (although they are not required to by the rules), but if you say a magic word (usually "fuck" or "cocksucker") they'll run you. It looks like Cabrera said something along the lines of "fucking horrible, boss," which will most likely get you tossed even if the umpire isn't a tool like Fairchild.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah. They had a bit of a run to make it look like they had a chance and then the bottom fell out. I feel bad. Cliff Lee came back to Philly because he liked the team and deserves to win a championship.

18. Use of Time

I love Cliff Lee. Guy is an absolute gamer. He deserves better.

Have you seen Papelbon's comments? Somebody should really tell the overpaid asshole that throws ten pitches a game that unless he's willing to send back some of the money he makes on his ridiculous contract he should probably close his mouth. I'm sorry John, but only an idiot doesn't see that the Phillies were a very expensive and very old team with a short window. He knew that when signed the dotted line. He is in his second year with the team and has somehow declared himself the official spokesman for the Phillies now. Somebody needs to reel him in.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Pap should also be beaten senseless the next time he does that stupid staring move when he throws a pitch. And also because he looks exactly like Constable Odo.

20. Timby

Rube gonna Rube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.