Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure filming a one-off in a foreign country is much more complicated than shipping the key talent and some crew over there. There are permits, extras, logistical support (trailers and food and stuff), that would make the price pretty high. Seeing the behind the scenes pics from when Doctor Who was in New York last year made it look far more complex than three Brits plus the mike & camera guys.

Then there's scheduling - they might have been able to afford to ship Molly off for a week, since she is a secondary character whose parts could normally be shot in the apartment set in a day or two for any given episode (which I'm guessing follows the usual 6-8 days to shoot for a network show). Nathan is a principal and is armpit-deep into filming for most, if not all of those days; taking an extra week to film some establishing shots would be far less tenable.

Mark

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Right. Since Alexis was missing from most of the story anyway, it was feasible to have Quinn go overseas and do that second-unit stuff at the same time that the rest of the cast and crew were making the rest of the episode.

3. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

That, and she was able to play it off as a vacation to keep the plot a secret.

4. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then they shoulda sent Stana and the rest along with her. They barely did anything this week, as we've already discussed. :P

Mark

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They weren't meant to be a huge part of the plot. As discussed, these two episodes were mainly about introducing Rick's dad, everything was focused towards this. That meant that things like Caskett and the other characters would take a back seat and the focus would be mainly on Rick, which is was.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

There was quite a bit of Caskett - albeit subtly - in Part 1, and Castle's dad didn't appear until halfway through Part 2, with the realization that Alexis was the true target being the only buildup. :p

7. Admiral_Young

Yeah. It's going to be really interesting to see what the do for the last few episodes when we come back from hiatus.

8. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I've figured out how they will eventually end the series. They will wrap up the Kate's Mom storyline by having Castle's Dad shoot the Senator, and for some reason it will be a sanctioned hit.

And they all lived happily ever after.

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Don't think so.. given that Kate didn't shoot him right when she had the chance she will find a way to publicly expose him and his doings effectively ruining him forever. Maybe he'll overreact then and she still gets to shoot him but then it'll be self defense and not murder.

Oh and the finale will include Castle's and Beckett's wedding and/or announcement that she's pregnant.

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah I too think the series finale will include a wedding...and it could possibly be interrupted or designed around their final case together before getting married. I think that the Senator/Rick's Dad plot/JB murder case will be resolved/dealt with before this happens though.

11. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

In my dreams...

At first, Rick's dad will stop Beckette from shooting the Senator since he doesn't know the Senator is evil. The Senator escapes, Beckette explains what's going on. Maybe they'll work together to find find additional evidence that proves beyond shadow of a doubt that the Senator is corrupt. In the final showdown, Rick's Dad will stop the Senator's bodyguards freeing Castle and Beckette to take down the Senator. Beckette will be taken by surprise by the Senator and he points a gun at her head. He is about to shoot Beckette when Castle bursts through and shoots the Senator in the chest.

Yup, it will end with their wedding.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think the show will end with their wedding. I don't think the series will have a proper ending.

13. Admiral_Young

"Castle" scored a 2.3 for Monday's episode. @BigDaddy you think the show will be cancelled? I'm not sure what you mean by a "proper ending". Unless you mean Marlowe might play around with the trope of a series finale.

14. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

The best ending would probably be a wrap-up to any ongoing arcs, like Kate's mother's case, with the final scene being Beckett and Castle just going out on another case together, showing us that our heroes will be happily carrying on as they have been.

15. FPAlpha

Which is why i think season 6 may be the last.. they jumped the first major point of the show by getting them together and made huge progress with the second one.

I honestly have no idea what the season finale can be about.. with season 4 i would have bet anything i own on them coming together just by watching the show and not reading any spoilers or interviews by the producer but with this season i really have no clue. I doubt they'd resolve the JB murder case in the season finale but they still have enough time to create a mini arc to lead to the season finale.

And then there's the 100th episode scheduled to air April 1st and written by the producer and his wife (who fans know that episodes written by them are amongst the best and are huge for the show).

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Maybe we'll see the return of 3XK.

17. FPAlpha

That will happen definitely as Castle has already predicted in the last episode featuring him.

Looking forward to it since his episodes were always awesome and tense.. i was a bit shocked how Castle unloaded the gun in his chest a while ago but it was a cool scene showing how far Castle would go to protect the ones he loves.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I mean it will be canceled (not this year) before the creators have time to wrap things up.

I think they introduced Castle's dad because Beckette's mom case is closing up. It won't end anytime soon, even the rerun came in first in its timeslot.

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was disappointed with this episode. Trotting out the horror tropes really didn't work for me, and Castle buying into the video was too much, given he confessed in the zombie episode that he gives into the over the top cases to annoy Beckett.

I guess what really bothered me is that I was hoping for some fallout from the Alexis kidnapping, and neither she nor Martha appeared in the episode.

20. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I really hate it when Castle acts all childish and believes in aliens or ghosts and stuff. This is a frickin' adult crime dramedy, not X-Files.