Supernatural4x18"The Monster at the End of the Book"spoiler/discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Time for another wonderful new episode of our favorite Winchester brothers facing apocalyptic battles. I suspect it's comedy with a far more serious tone like last week. Time to show the Heroes' writers how it's done when it comes to precognition and comic books. :devil:

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Supernatural4x18"The Monster at the End of the Book"spoiler/discus

Haha, Wincest slash reference.:lol:

3. Dorian Thompson

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! I guess they read the boards. :guffaw: :guffaw: I'll bet some fans will have a temper tantrum over them making (justified) fun of Wincest.

Sam fans vs. Dean fans. They got that right. You wouldn't believe the arguing and shit that goes on.

4. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh God, I want to see the characters reactions to wincest...I mean the actors reactions are funny enough. But seriously....

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Man, who wrote this episode? This is great stuff so far. :lol:

6. Dorian Thompson

One of their new writers wrote it. Her name is Julie Siege.

7. Mr. Adventure

And then Castiel drops a bombshell, I should have seen that coming but I didn't.

8. Dorian Thompson

Julie Siege also wrote "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester," and "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag." I loved her snide reference to Dr. McCreamy earlier when the lady was going on about how the series was unappreciated. :lol:

Good grief, is Sam gonna do Lilith? The fan girls will go nuts. Guess we know which Winchester brother is the real slut. :D

9. Mr. Adventure

Her talent for titles is apparent.

10. Mr. Adventure

I am the prophet Chuck!

11. Dorian Thompson

This show does humor so much better than Smallville. :guffaw: It's self deprecating to the point of absurdity; that's why I love it.

Castiel, you angel, you are on Dean's side. Whoever cast Misha Collins deserves a whole plate of cookies.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

One of the best lines ever. :lol:

Good episode. :techman:

13. mswood

I'm dying.

Seriously dying here. I am laughing so hard at teh women who publishing the books that I couldn't here most of the scene.

I think I pissed myself..

14. Dorian Thompson

Hee hee. :guffaw:I loved the snide reference to Dr. Sexy M.D. as a jab at McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy.

And Dean said, "Screw you simpatico" when they were reading the complaints on line. There's a poster at TWOP with the username "simpatico." :guffaw: Most of the TWOPsters seem to adore this episode, though. Most of them have a better sense of humor than I gave them credit for. :lol: Don't know what simpatico thinks.

15. mswood

Now that was one awesome episode of Supernatural, in its way its the quality I think Mystery Spot could have been if they didn't have to stop the rewrites on it because of the strike.

Going from utter hilarity to utter desolation.

That Killing Lilith is the part of the final seal. And since its was absolutely spelled out in one episode that what Sam wants more then anything right now is Lilith's head on a platter, bloody.

I say the quality of this half of of the season has been through the roof.

I thought the first 8 of this season would be tough to match (especially after the two parter that I really was let down by), but since January I honestly think the two weakest episodes was the last episode Manners did (sorry) and last week. And I thought both of them were good. But seriously some of these episodes (school, magicians, Dean as torturer, and this) are just a great string of episodes.

This season is easily the best they have produced.

And look how much Sam has changed. End of season two he is willing to die, to stay true to himself. Now........

And as much as I loved the comedy bits (because they were fucking awesome) I loved the bits with Sam wondering what Dean knows.

I know (well I assume) that Dean is going to find out. With 4 episodes left the brother being next week (not to worry TWOP will explode over that I am sure), they typically do 3 episodes that tie together for their finales. I know that the 21st episode is Sam heavy. But I wonder when does Dean find out, and more importantly how. Because holy hell, is that going to make him just explode.

Interesting also to see that when Dean prays what did he pray for. Help for Sam. The point I was making last week (and the point the show has made about them both) is that is their weak spot how you motivate them (after all its why Sam whats Lilith so bad).

In fact as far as showing Sam the only thing I thought they have dropped the ball on, was when he killed Alistair, I think (in an other wise excellent episode which it was), that Sam absolutely should have had some comments about why he is doing it. Payback for his brother and how he would never get the chance to hurt him again (or words to that effect). I think it would help highlight how much absolute rage and vengeance he has been building up towards Lilith and how that can effect his judgment (even beyond the demon blood).

God this was a really good episode.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  16. Dorian Thompson

Concerning the spoiler, yes, probably. However, couldn't Zachariah be the monster at the end of the book? There he was--at the end--and he gave me the willies. Something wasn't right.

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well he's probably in cahoots with Uriel and some other angels, they want that final seal broken, all that hooplah last week was to get dean motivated to fight the good fight, but apparently it's all a ruge

18. mswood

I would be very surprised if Uriel's cohorts are never shown again.

ANd yeah compare this epilogue to last week. He scared the shit out f me. ANd yeah kind of hard to get a feel for what side a creature like that is on.

19. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't been a regular poster in these threads but I am a fairly faithful watcher of Supernatural (I hate to admit it but there are times when I choose The Office over Supernatural but watch the first half later online).

I was bored to tears by that two part episode that was in the middle of the season (which was sad because I really DID want to know what Sam was upto while Dean was dead) and was very disappointed after such a strong beginning part of the season but the show has definitely redeemed itself these last 3 weeks, IMHO. I just hope this weeks effort wasn't wasted by being put up against the ER series finale.

I hate that the CW is stretching this season out so much...no new episode for 3 weeks and then another two week break before finishing it off. With just 4 episodes left it's going to get really intense really quickly and they know how to get us viewers to come back even with an extended break don't they?

20. Dorian Thompson

What did you expect? The CW is programmed and scheduled by monkeys. Of course there are 2 more breaks. :scream: Dammit.

The Office??? :eek: For shame....

:p