Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel might happen without Craig

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

doubleohfive: i don't care for the series. if the people who care for the series cared marginally less than me, they also wouldn't care for the series. in short: your retort didn't make sense.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

You obviously care enough though to come in here and tell us you don't care, which could be viewed as equally nonsensical.

And while it's absolutely likely that my untreated ADD brain mismatched what I attempted to say earlier, and while I am occasionally guilty of bloviating, I'm not the one wasting my time going on and on about how much I don't like something (in this case, the Millennium trilogy) in a discussion about it with other people who do. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

It make sense in that those who don't care for the series also don't care to come into a forum thread and state their opinion. They simply don't care enough. In other words, marginally less than you.

EDIT: Or in the case we're talking about people who enjoy the series, but not to the point that their first instinct is to talk about it online, then you seem to care more than them, as well.

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's not an accurate comparison at all.

First of all the books are huge in Sweden, so it was a safe bet that the movies would be hits. Second of all, the movies were huge successes, all three of them. Plus the films were a bit cheaper to make.

For some reason they decided to throw a huge amount of money at the American version expecting it to be a hit. It did modest business, but nothing as huge as the budget warranted.

Now as for this news of no Craig, I have no problem with them recasting, but to try adapt the second novel and write out Blomkvist is just a hugely idiotic move, and will kill any interest I have in the movie (Girl who played with Fire is my favorite of the three books, incidentally).

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The first movie was always intended to be released in theaters. The sequels were made for television, but were given theatrical releases in certain countries like the US because of how popular the series had become.

It would be a terrible mistake to write out Blomkvist. They really should recast if Craig decides not to return for the sequels.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The USA movie is beautiful to look at, but it is really boring. I saw it in the theaters and loved it, it was a ton of fun (laughing at the revenge rape scene) and bought it on DVD for cheap.

It was long and boring, but so nice looking, all I remember from i now.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The US version BETTER look nice. That movie had budget of 90 MILLION!:eek:

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Now the next question is: If they do recast, who would make a good Blomkvist?

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm sure they'll pick another handsome actor for the role.

If they are serious about doing sequels, they need to make sure to get Rooney Mara back as Lisbeth, since that character is the main reason for the popularity of the series.

10. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pierce Brosnan.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Tee-hee, I was going to say that!

IIRC, Brad Pitt, Fincher's fairly regular-ish collaborator, was linked to the role for a while before the first movie.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Don Cheadle. :p

13. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

last thing: it doesn't take any effort to come here and say i don't like something. im looking at stuff on the board and think 'i didn't like that and i'll say why' and it took like 10 seconds. not nonsensical.

'it was boring and i didn't like it' is as valid an opinion as 'it was engaging and i did like it'

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kenneth Branagh

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

What about recasting with someone who's, you know, Swedish? Alexander Skarsgård perhaps? Sure, his dad played Martin Vanger in "Dragon Tattoo," but that doesn't preclude him from taking over the role. And being that Blomkvist apparently has yet to meet a woman who won't go to bed with him, Skarsgård would sure fit the bill of the kind of guy who has that kind of "problem." :lol:

No one said your opinion wasn't valid. All I said was that you obviously must care enough about the entire thing to express that you didn't like it. Most people wouldn't have expended the energy to do so. Sheesh.

16. tighr

Too young. Plus, I don't think the draw to the Blomkvist character was his sex appeal, he just so happened to be a sexual free spirit.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Blomkvist was a middle-aged man and IIRC in book 3 he was described as good looking but could lose a little weight around the tummy. Admittedly Craig isn't exactly carrying a spare tyre round his gut, but he's probably closer to the age and lived-in look that 'Kally should have, rather than the more godlike Skaarsgard.

18. tighr

Must be all those orange mocha frappuccinos.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Skaarsgard loves his True Blood.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Andrew Garfield. (Social Network connection...) But keep Robin Wright! :p

Having now seen the film, I don't think Craig can be replaced. Either get him back or don't sequel at all.