Star Ship AJAX Production

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by JimTheBuilder, Dec 18, 2011.

1. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

If making good fan films was easy, everyone would be making them. The truth is, they are not easy to make at all. You can't sell them to make any profit back, so right away the filmmakers are losing money. Finding the right actors, getting a good crew, a good script, locations, sets... it's a lot of hard work. I give praise to anyone who tries to put a successful fan film together.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  3. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Your absolutely right. What I meant is easy relative to what it would be like if all your components were lacking. Then again, I'm sure it's easier to make a bad film.

4. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was just over in the fan film primer thread and noticed that Maurice already posted link to Syd Fields 3 act structure. Lot's of useful tips over in that thread!

5. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Work continued on the build today however painting did not. It's just too cold here to try to paint and we have too big an area to try to heat. Some of the test patches and green screen we painted Sunday night is not curing, I hope it will given enough time. Bondo and liquid nail we put down aren't drying either. We may be stuck by weather for awhile. Not that there isn't plenty of work to do, but I was hoping to add some color to this ship.

Oh well, work continues tomorrow. Either me or Family Dog will post some new photos soon. Still working on getting some script teaser.

6. J.C. England

J.C. England Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sorry it's not going to be more...
    Over the course of next week (the
    last week of December), I'm hoping
    to get the entire production staff
    together to discuss the storyline
    and script - and see what can be
    divulged to the fans.

Some news is already known by
    some here - but there are twists
    and turns in our story to keep it
    (somewhat) original. Hard "spoilers"
    to the public could kill everything.

We'll keep you updated.

7. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

Sounds like things are progressing at a deliberate but expected pace.

8. J.C. England

Yes, sir. And no, it's not anyone's imagination
    that it seems to be going slow.
    The members of the production staff have
    full time jobs (plus some; I personally work
    60 hours a week)... add that to the "family
    time" and it leaves just a little to keep this
    going. But IT IS a passion of ours and we
    are continually working on it. Hopefully,
    everyone's patience with us will pay off in
    the end... and really enjoy what we're
    putting together.

9. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Good to see things getting back on track with you guys. I didn't notice any links in this new thread to Henry's amazing Ajax designs, so I thought I would post a link to his webpage showcasing them:

http://ajaxvfx.blogspot.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. J.C. England

We had had them at some point here - but
    they disappeared... Henry is a genius and
    everytime I see these, it brings the whole
    project to life for me. Thanks for bringing
    them back.

11. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  12. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I caught that just in time. Thank you for making us aware. I assure you it wasn't me making those post. I the future please contact me directly if things like that pop up anywhere else. http://www.starshipajax.com/cloaking.html

13. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Merry Christmas to all of our Trekk BBS friends.
    [​IMG]

14. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Since Chris Dalton is not answering his phone after my repeated attempts trying to reach him yesterday evening and today, I am compelled to say this in disapproval of what happened....

The post in question that Richard is referring to ( after talking to Richard by phone late last night ) was posted by Chris Dalton. (Expo67 / Proteus / Helios ) I do not condone anyone pretending to be someone else in forums, let alone do it as a cover to stir up trouble. Let people say their peace in their own way weather it be to singe those they feel deserve it or allowing them to choose to say nothing out of respect for the recipient. Richard due to this was put in a bad spot since what was voiced in the attack post on Kail's Farragut comic is not Richard's views. And I knew this from talking on the phone with him that he is mortified that he would be seen as making such views he saw fit to not post let alone have himself. Chris a few days ago called me after a long break in associating with me and mentioned he posted exactly what was said in the post. but he did not mention it was him posing as someone else on the Ajax team which I STRONGLY CONDEMN. About 2 years ago I had Dan Cook (USS Intrepid, Captain Hunter, Nick Cook ) make the request that since i seemed to have some influence on Chris that i try to work wit him to break him of his harassment of Dennis, Cook, and others elsewhere. I was and am happy to oblige and have spent many hours over the phone and in messages with him one on one in the effort to put a stop to this. I did anything I could to try to make him understand that he had to get a handle on his temper and quit being a bull in a china shop. Evidently I failed somewhere despite my best efforts to spare others that grief and stalking from Chris.

Even though I support people to say what they please if their conscious leads them to no matter how gentle or harsh, it should be them saying that themselves and not someone LYING pretending to be them and destroying their ability to manage their image and name in the community. I knew he was perma-banned here and else where and I knew from our phone conversations that he was avoiding mentioning that to me. ( I hoped in time he would come clean with me on this. ) But I would have never imagined that he would would outright lie by pretending to be someone else writing an attack piece. Let Richard Wells and others speak for themselves. I know I personally don't want anyone speaking for me behind my back using my name under false pretenses. I am perfectly able to be the diplomat or singe anyone's ass if I felt the necessity has come to that. And i think others should be allowed the respect and dignity of not having others unknowingly put words in their mouth ( or keyboard they did not say. ) And Chris...if by chance you are lurking and reading reading my post here...I don't need to be defended behind my back THANK YOU! I'm perfectly capable of handling the job myself if I so desire which at this point I could care less. And if I catch you speaking on my behalf posing as me ever, you are going to find that i will be another one who will be fighting with you. And you know what i am capable of. I've had enough grief in dealing with you. I resent the time I heavily invested in you has amounted to nothing. And it is nothing if those who asked me to intervene are still getting grief from you. And that reflects bad on me by guilt of association despite my best efforts. And I deeply resent that and am Livid over it. If Richard wants to say something, let them do it. He doesn't need someone cutting his throught for him without him even being aware of it about it. He doesn't need the grief. No one does...NOT EVEN KAIL whose site you chose to do this on. He is an outsider and does not need or want to be dragged into this. I am sure he does not appreciate the black eye you just dealt him and Richard over this....

Robert Simmons

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  15. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

So, who's up for punch and pie?

16. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Oh, hey if you're making a run could you get some Sour cream and Cheddar Ruffles? I'll settle up with way when you get back. So....how about those set? Pretty kewl.

17. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Ha ha! No one needs the grief "not even Kail". That's funny. (/:-)

18. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

$*#@!

It's Christmas Day (day after actually) and I finally get online to see that in spite of my words as in:

that this has continued on.

It. Ends. Here. Now. I don't give a flying you-know-what about who is right and who is wrong; it is *not* our business here to mediate or spectate when it comes to this dispute.

Our business is to discuss or critique the fan films or creations, not to get involved in politics.

Any comments hereafter that get into the issues will be warned, as I did for one poster who ignored what I asked you guys to not do.

And in future, mind what you post. I'm not thrilled with requests to delete posts or threads because people can't control what emerges from their keyboards. I shouldn't have to mop up after people and it's triple annoying to me on Christmas Day.

BTW - I'm not deleting posters either. Don't ask. Use self control in posting, and if anyone leaves because of this mess, just leave. Don't ask me to close an account, delete your posts or whatever. Scramble your damn password and just go.

19. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Again I apologize, once for the comments and again for apparently not making my self clear enough. I'll try again.

Contact me personally. Do not post it here.

Now, if I bring some good news can we get this thread back on topic.

Scott and I finally :lol: FINISHED :lol: what we have termed "The Build", that is the main structure of the bridge. We do still have a few more of the curved pieces of luan to glue into frames but it's been to cold for the glue and the frames are mounted in place giving us a complete 360 degree structure from top to bottom.

We are actually passed the figuring angles and buildings sections to fit and into what we're starting to call "Detailing", which is paint, frames around screens, control panels, view screens... all the cool stuff. Yea.

This upcoming week is looking to be unseasonably warm which means, PAINTING, were actually going to join the Starfleet ranks with a painted bridge and get rid of the "Bare Wood" look. I'm sure it will look much more intimidating to you Romulans and Klingons.

And after that comes miles and miles of wire and thousands and thousands of lights. Well, maybe hundreds and hundreds but a whole bunch.

So the team at Three Stooges Shipyard may yet complete our first Starship and set out on our first mission very soon.

20. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

As far as the lighting goes... You guys plan to order the individually and wire them individually yourself or will you buy stock Christmas lights and go from there? If its Christmas lights, today and the next few days would be an excellent time to get some cheap on clearance at places like Walgreens, target, and Walmart...