Jennifer's Body

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, Sep 20, 2009.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anybody seen this movie yet? Wifey and I wanted to go see it but the negative reviews kept us home. Mojo reports that it only made 6 million over the weekend. That's pretty low for a horror movie that has been advertised ever since its inception. Though the budget is 16 million and I am sure they would recover that, but a 6 million weekend opening for a Megan Fox movie seems unnatural. :lol:

2. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

6 million for a Megan Fox movie seems unnatural? Can you name one that did better that didn't feature giant robots destroying each other?

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

The funny thing to me is that the Jennifer Aniston movie (which looks REALLY bad) did 2 million more bucks, opening on almost a thousand fewer screens.

Methinks Megan Fox should stick with Transformer movies...

4. LeahBoBo

LeahBoBo Commander

The previews looked crappy. I had no desire to see it and outside of horny fanboys, I can't really imagine anyone who was waiting with baited breath. Ditto for Jennifer Aniston's crappy movie. The only people lining up for more of the same from her are Aniston's die-hard fans.

5. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

All I know about this movie is that I'm tired of all the commercials for it on TV.

6. TexasNightt

TexasNightt Lieutenant Red Shirt

I was talked into going to see it, It wasnt horrible, but it wasnt good. Has anyone seen 9? Id have rather gone seen that. 2 out of 6

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Megan burnt her bridges and won't be invited back to transformers as anything but an excuse to make money... Oh?

No change there than.

Where is this scorn (in me) coming from?

She was a solid actress on Hope and faith for four years.

That had to have proved she wasn't just talking boobs?

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

In Michael Medved's review, he said for a movie called "Jennifer's Body," you don't even get to see much of Megan Fox's body. :lol:

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I think that did in a lot of male viewers.

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

That was basically what I was going to ask. I think that explains the low turnout.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah when you call a movie "--- Body." You would THINK that the namesake's "body" would be shown more... ah... completely?

Fail.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then, in 10 we only barely saw more of Bo Derek in a swim suit than anything truly graphic.

Body politic, body of evidence, body of lies?

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Not sure what the first two are, but the third at least has someone who can act in it.

14. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I have no desire to do anything further with Megan Fox beyond glancing at her on a random magazine cover when I'm buying beer at Kroger's at ten-thirty in the morning.

15. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw the film yesterday. It was pretty entertaining. More tolerable than Juno, which I can't stand. I liked the idea of best friends becoming sworn enemies. It was an interesting riff on high school and the dynamics of high school relationships.

16. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it's safe to say that the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence.

Except for this one.:lol:

17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

"Megan Fox and Oscar Award winner Halle Berry had lunch in the same restaurant."

There. :D

18. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ and ^^ = Great!!!

I knew the movie looked terrible, and when it was only rated 14A here, I kinda figured there'd be little but implied/shadows of nudity- people go to horror films for that and the gore and cheesy scary-ness, and I was sure that that movie would tank.

And I agree that Fox is burning her bridges... needs a handler, and some tact. Even if a director is terrible... don't call him Hitler when he's linked to huge producers and directors and is very successful!!

19. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok I'll rephase it..the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence in relationship to each other.:techman:

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Megan Fox has lesbian affair with Oscar-winner Charlize Theron.