Upcoming Publications: January/February 2009

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Rosalind, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

January 2009
    ------------

Star Trek
    • Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows
      (Trade paperback) ed. by Marco Palmieri & Margaret Clark
      by Christopher L Bennett; Margaret Wander Bonanno; Peter David; Keith R.A. DeCandido; Michael Jan Friedman; Jim Johnson; Rudy Josephs; David Mack; Dave Stern; James Swallow; Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore; Susan Wright
      ISBN-10: 1416558500

Star Trek: The Original Series

February 2009
    ------------

Star Trek

Note: This list is subject to change.
    Note2: For October-December 08 publications, see next post

2. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

October 2008
    ------------

Star Trek

Star Trek: Corps of Engineers
    • Wounds
      (Trade paperback omnibus) by Ilsa J. Bick, Keith R.A. DeCandido, John J. Ordover, Terri Osborne, Cory Rushton,
      ISBN-10: 1416589090

November 2008
    ------------

Star Trek

December 2008
    ------------

Star Trek

3. Obi Wana Jones

Obi Wana Jones Lieutenant Red Shirt

Did I miss it in the story? Where was STXI novelization coming???

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^^No announcement yet about a novelization. It wouldn't be coming in January or February anyway.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Woohoo, Shards and Shadows! Woohoo!

6. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

It will be published by TrekMovie.com, as a series of Twitter updates.

7. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rommie::guffaw::lol::techman:

8. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

You, sir, owe me a cup of coffee to replace the one I just snarfed.

I, OTOH, owe you a beer. Bravo! :bolian:

9. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

You laugh, but I'm already working on something in a similar vein.....stay tuned. :evil:

Edited to Add: When I wrote the earlier post, I hadn't yet visited TrekMovie today:

Keep Track of TrekMovie on Twitter

:D

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

11. Elemental

Elemental Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone know of more precise dates for when these 4 comics leading up to ST11 are to be released? All I've heard so far is they would be coming out from January to April.

12. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Countdown #1 is out next week; #2 and #3 are provisionally stated as being out on February 25th and March 25th respectively (according to TFAW); #4 has not yet been solicited (that will be in the next couple of weeks).

IDW doesn't give fixed release dates for its comics in the Diamond Previews, so any date is subject to change.

13. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I picked up an interesting book; it seems to be a 2008 "revised and expanded" edition: "The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made" (350 pp, Titan Books) by David Hughes, and was originally published in 2001.

The chapter "Where No One Has Gone Before" (pp 21-46) briefly covers all abandoned ST movies including Kaufman's "Planet of the Titans", the proposals that were blended to create ST II, several attempts to do "Starfleet Academy" (Winter & Bennett) and "The Academy Years" (Loughery), "In Flanders Fields" (Koenig"), the movie proposals that evolved into "First Contact and "Insurrection", plus "The Beginning" (Jendresen).

14. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

This may be a bad sign...

I noticed that Borders' website page for A Singular Destiny lists the book as "available online only." This is separate from its status as a pre-order, so it looks as though the book, even when it comes out, will not be sold at Borders B&M stores (further ensuring that I won't be shopping at Borders for much longer).

No indication on Barnes & Noble's website that they won't be selling it in stores, though no stores in the New York area appear to have them in stock - that could just be that the books haven't made their way to the stores yet, though...

15. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

^Where'd you see that, I checked just today and it looked like all other books look before they are released. (By before, I mean the site lists the release date as the 27th, and it is before that date.) Something that is quite frustrating with their site but it was the case with all of the Destiny books too. Then on or after that date the little box to enter a zip code magically appears.

16. ClayinCA

Like it says in my post, I went to the book's page on the Borders.com website. It clearly says "Not available in stores" in forbidding bold type, all the way to the right of the page under the "pre-order" button. This really sucks - Borders just stopped selling Doctor Who DVDs in-store as well.

[Edited to add:] Okay, I just checked a couple of other items that said the same thing before they were released, and now they look normal. So maybe A Singular Destiny will be changed when the "street date" has come and gone as well.

Whatever. Borders' website sucks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  17. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

^It's not available in stores because it's (according to them) not out yet. On the 27th I guarantee it will have the familiar "check store inventory" box that shows up on all other books.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  18. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

I have seen that on their website before. It does usually change the day they get it in.

19. ClayinCA

Oh, OK - thanks for that. Whew! :)

(It does seem a bit misleading though...)

20. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Have any Canadians had any success finding Errand of Fury Book 3? I haven't seen it anywhere, and it seems unusually late, considering it should probably have started to show up at the end of December.

Just for kicks, I figured I'd look it up at a few major Canadian cities (since Chapters' website makes it so easy.) It's not available at any of the locations of the Chapters/Indigo/Coles conglomerate in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary or Vancouver. Shards and Shadows showed up at a few locations, so I can still hold up hope that it'll drift here at some point. A Singular Destiny doesn't show up anywhere I checked either, but it's probably too early to be concerned about that yet.

Just wondered if anyone had seen it anywhere. Unfortunately, it's not like Chapters/Indigo/Coles has any B&M competitors that we can shop at... :rolleyes: