Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

No worries. :)

2. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

I can make about 2-3 million per day trading, but it becomes boring after 15-20 min doing that, best way is to sell expensive consoles, when I was lt and lt.cmdr I won like 20-30 games at starbase 24 and all the rare gear I sold for fair price (price that wasn't blatant rip off) that gave me a massive income of around 7-8 million with that i did few other trades, and crafting but this was before nonsense with stupid uncomon materials came about, so you need dilithium for that, now I make loads of dilithium (around 25k per day) but problem is you can only refine like 8k per day, so there's a limit.

U can also do missions, loads of missions and sell consoles and stuff you get as reward, that can make loads of dosh as well, just don't ask for million credits for something that isn't worth more than 10 000.

Best trade is rare stuff, or if you are good at crafting (over 1700 research points) than you can make some Aegis stuff, that sells well, well as long its not a rip off, also bare in mind you are limited to 10 million credits, reason why I decided to buy ship modules which go for 5 million a pop, i have 4 modules now, but not sure if I can expand my bank so I can have more than 10 million credits, (I can't be having 50 ship modules, what if said item price falls, and i lose loads of dosh).

Also try to earn some credits by using your duty officers, I have 56 DOFFs and they are constantly doing missions, and they can earn you some nice income, I make around 50 000 credits from them alone each day.

BTW you can make even more if you have more DOFFs, i presume limit is 100, so you can earn 100 000 per day, theoretically.

3. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^You can pay to remove the EC cap. IIRC it costs 400 Zen.

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sell Doffs. Even some whites are in high demand and will net you around 100k per doff. Best ones that I know of are Security Officers, Assault Squad officers and Sensor Officers. There may be a few others that get you some money.

You can recruit new doffs at the academy. If you have a lot of alts, you get o many doffs that this will easily net you several million.

Downside, it's incredibly boring.

Or just get a fast ship and try to make 4 rounds of Tour the Universe. That should also get you nearly a million at least.

5. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

where do I do that? cause i'll do it, its really risky buying ship modules.

Harvey, another way to make easy credits, just do random encounter missions in sector space, you can pile up loads of consoles and stuff that you can sell, I know as a lt even lt.cmdr I made loads of dosh by taking Klingons down in Sirius sector space, one near starbase 24 is my favorite.

U can literally make tons out there, it can be boring doing that all day, but doing it few times a day to make credits isn't bad.

Higher the rank, better the consoles and leftovers.

6. Briquettes

It's labeled "energy credit cap increase" in the services section on the Z-store. I just checked and I was wrong: it costs 500 Zen.

7. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

How do you mess this up? :rommie:
    [​IMG]

Also, is it taking anybody else 40+ minutes to get into Earth Spacedock?

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got into Spacedock just fine, and that was about half an hour ago. It could have been a little server burp. They happen.

As for messing up a talent show, it looks like you had all commons doing the performing, which usually isn't enough to improve the success rate.

9. Briquettes

Loading ESD and DS9 has been hellish for me since Season 5 launched. If you're having trouble with ESD, go to starfleet academy first then beam up from there.

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I find it funny, that I NEVER have loading problems with ESD and DS9.
    I wonder if there is a hidden queue with a higher priority for golds (even if unintended by Cryptic).

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Just running 20 DOFF assignments a day will provide you with some Dilithium, ECs, DOFFs, BOFFs, consoles, weapons or equipment. Sell what you don't need on the auction. Just try to plan the assignments so you have a good chance at critical success. You won't get rich quick, but you'll make a decent income.

12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, downloading as we speak. Curious about this game.

13. Rocketeer

After the intro, the first missions are Klingon based. After that you'll move on to Romulans, etc...

My suggestions for starting out:

See if there are any free deals for starting players. Sometimes companies offer codes that unlock ships, uniforms or character types.

Get the Borg passive buffs by killing Borg and Borg ships (until you get sick of it). Not a game killer if you skip though.

Don't spend a lot of money on low level equipment as you will outgrow it fast.

When choosing Bridge Officers (BOFFs), look at their passive skills/traits which can't be changed. (Their other skills can be retrained to suit your needs.)

I have the Collector's Edition and Deluxe Digital Download, which gave bonus items. I was able to get the CE for $6 and the DDD for $9. I recommend either or both if you can find at a good price.

14. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, I once had an Entertain Foriegn Digataries disater result that killed every doff assigned (I figure the chef had a bad night and served something that killed everyone.:eek::devil:)

15. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

I always found it funny to use the Exocomp to in the 'Discipline Crewman' assignment. I sort of imagined a scenario like this:

Crewman: "Hey, I did nothing wrong!"
    Exocomp: "Beep beep. Be be beep"
    Crewman: "So what?"
    Excomp: "BEEP BEEP BEEP!"
    Crewman: "Ok, Ok, I'll stop spying on people in the holodeck"
    Exocomp: "Beep."
    Crewman: "Can I go now?"
    Exocomp: "Beeeep"

16. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

There might be. When I had a sub it NEVER took all that long. ESD and DS9 took forever relative to other places, but it was never over five minutes. I would play at all times of day, both when "no one" was on, and at peak times. Now that I don't have a sub, I've noticed longer loading times for pretty much all places.

It could just be that there are that many new people, but I doubt it.

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love my exocomp. He is my 3d chess master. If he is available, he plays, usually against a vulcan or photonic. Almost always a crit.

I remember one time sending my exocomp, a photonic and three Tholians for shore leave on Andoria. I could just imagine the adventures.

18. Rocketeer

White DOFFs are the redshirts of the lower decks. I never use them on assignments unless no other choice.

19. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I now feed all white Doffs to my Fleet's starbase. :guffaw:

20. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

If it's for 'subs', I wouldn't be too sure unless lifetimers don't count, I still have that kind of trouble. It's usually not so bad, but sometimes it does take me 3-5 minutes to load up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.