FAR CRY 2 - anybody playing?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Twilight, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I just started a thread about a game I don't own and, frankly, don't plan on buying.

I normally would (enjoyed the first FC, minus TriGens), but there are so many great games coming out (Fallout next week, GoW after that) and I'm still working on Dead Space.

But if anybody here has it - I'm interested in your thoughts! The reviews have been pretty kind to it ...

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the first one (pc) and would probably get this one, but I want to try a demo if one becomes available first. My PC is getting a bit old and I just don't think it quite reaches the specs:(

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  3. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought the secret squirrel edition from GameStop yesterday but sadly it won't be played for a while.

Still enjoying Dead Space waaay too much.
    Gonna try to roll from Dead Space to Fallout 3.
    I know I won't finish Fallout 3 by the time Gears Of war 2 rolls out but it will get put on the back burner.

The week after Gears 2 comes out Call of Duty 5 is out.

Luckily, I'm on vacation or should I say STAYcation from December 19th till January 5th so I should have time to hopefully get to it.

Right now I have a stack of Unopened games staring at me.

Ninja Gaiden II
    Devil May Cry 4
    Silent Hill 4
    Fracture
    Far Cry 2

And I still haven't finished Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway

*Sigh* so many games so little time.

I LOVE IT THOUGH!!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one wasn't even on my radar screen and then I saw a TV ad for it the other day. Looks like the kind of game that's right up my alley. But as I mentioned in the COD thread, there's just so many games right now, and not enough time (and $) to play them all.

5. Gaius Baltar

Gaius Baltar Commander Red Shirt

Will be picking up my PS3 pre-order edition from gamestop tomorrow. Don’t normally bother pre ordering games but was persuaded by the free limited edition. I enjoyed the first far cry and crysis even though the system requirements were a killer glad they went with an open world level design this time around.

But there are too many great games being released this month with far cry 2, fallout 3 and resistance 2 simply don’t have the free time to play them all.

6. PKerr

Same here.
    I had a blast with the first one so the second was pretty much an automatic buy.
    When I watched the vid of your character "repairing" his dislocated joints it pretty much sealed the deal. :D

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not playing it yet, but that's only because I am currently unemployed (no income), and it would only further distract me from various projects I have in my classes. But I am asking for it for Christmas, and I know I'll get it. I loved the original (own it for the PC), and this one is looking pretty good. I was already sold on the game, and then the mapmaker video comes out, putting icing on the cake! I so can't wait for Christmas. :cool:

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Getting it for Christmas for my brand spanking new PC :p cannot wait to test it out.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Nope ... I just got Call of Duty 4, finally, and I can't put it down.

10. PKerr

Another excellent game.

11. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll rescue it from the bargain bins at some point in the next 12 months. Until then, I've got too many other things to play.

12. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I'm getting it for X360, BTW.

13. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I'm going to get it when it is used and cheap.

14. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How does the map editing stuff work on the consoles?

Can you upload them to the server for other folks to download and play? Maybe that's a stupid question, I dunno :D

15. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

As I understand it, you can upload and download maps on the console versions and the maps are sorted by rating so in theory you should be able to find good maps. Assuming that people actually make good maps. :p

I've heard some good things about the game from friends who are playing it, but like most people here it's just too far down the list of games I want to get it just yet. I do really like games in this genre (I really wanted to like STALKER but I couldn't get into it) and this seems up that alley... but heck, I still haven't even picked up Deadspace yet! I'm falling behind!

16. PKerr

You gotta get Dead Space, it's an Amazing game.

17. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm planning on it, I've just been too busy with other stuff! I'll probably pick it up next weekend.

18. dark angel_707

dark angel_707 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

a few people on my friends list told me FC2 not great but not bad.

Wait till it hits the sale as there is much better games that deserve my money

fallout 3 is out next week :drool:

19. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I second the "drop what you're doing and to get Dead Space" recommendation

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Dead Space looks so average, I've seen all these videos of it and the camera looks very awkward and the shooting looks poor. I would try a demo but so far not heard one coming out.