Cloverfield 2 still a long way off.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gojira, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/01/2...es-and-jj-abrams-havent-found-right-idea-yet/

I am a big fan of giant monster movies and I was hopping that someday we will see a sequel (that will show more of the monster). I hope they eventually do this sequel. Oh well, I may need to content myself with the new Godzilla movie coming out next year. Or maybe Super 8 will have a large monster in it?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't really think Cloverfield needs a sequel. I'd prefer that Abrams started focusing on Star Trek XII once he's done with Super 8.

3. Gojira

I would like to see a sequel. From my understanding Cloverfield was more of Matt Reeves and Drew Goddard's project once JJ got them involved. If there is a sequel I suspect minimal involvement from JJ.

I would like to see a sequel because I loved the design of the creature and think it deserves to be seen again...and again.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Adams ass shove be shoved out the door at Star Trek 12. It was supposed to come out next year, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Fire his ass and hire people who might actually start working on a script.

5. Gojira

I do suspect one reason that a Cloverfield sequel is not in the works so it won't have to compete with the new Godzilla movie next year.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm all for a good giant moster movie. While Cloverfield had some charms in regards to the creature I have ZERO interset in a follow-up. I've not encountered any excitement about getting one either. Cloverfield 2 could likely be the sequel no one damanded like Tomb Raider 2 or Pink Panther 2.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I don't think that I'd like to see a Cloverfield 2, shot in the "Home Video Camera" style Cloverfield was shot in, but, if it was shot straight like every other movie, it could be quite good, IMHO.

8. Gojira

I'm hoping for a normally filmed movie myself. The hand held thing was a novelty gimmick that worked well enough for the first movie.