"The Time of the Doctor" Images, Clips, Spoilers & Speculation

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Tom, Dec 5, 2013.

1. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

"C'mon Clara, whaddaya say? It's Trenzalore, I'm about to die, you're bonkers about me, you already told your family that I'm your boyfriend....so let's get it on, eh?"
    "Not with THAT hanging there! You said you had two hearts!. That's just...no!"

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So he was just a dirty old man looking to lure young girls into his box!

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

BBC has a preview clip from the episode. Nothing earthshattering, but a fun scene all the same.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

5. The Wormhole

Reminds me of a joke someone made back in BSG's day. That they should do a promo that consists of Edward James Olmos glaring at the camera for thirty second and then state the day and time the show is on. This is pretty damn close.

6. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Question: Any news about a prequel to the special? Seems kinda weird thats it won't have one...

8. The Wormhole

If there were one, we'd likely have it by now. Maybe they blew their budget getting Paul McGann back for Night of the Doctor?

9. Emperor-Tiberius

If that is the case (which is unlikely, really), it was worth it. But still... considering the last Christmas Special had three prequels, its quite funny. Especially after both TDOTD's success, and its prequels' successes too.

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Based on the phrase "The Doctor is regenerating" i'm hoping we get more after-regeneration screen-time with Capaldi than with the previous 3 regenerations...
    Not just "oh, new teeth, hair ears!" but him finishing the story of the episode proper, defeating the alliance that is trying to kill him...

11. Emperor-Tiberius

I'd rather he didn't. I much rather the story focuses on being 11's final stand and allow for his fans to witness him go out in a bang (or a whimper, depending the story). The new Doctor will have his share of adventures, no need to rush.

12. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last year there wasn't anything between the prequels and Christmas. This year there was quite a lot, so the prequels were for that...

13. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Then you're going to be disappointed.

14. Allyn Gibson

Until the plot synopsis leaked, I thought the regeneration would come at either the Act 1 or Act 2 point so that the story would end on an uplifting note.

We know that Capaldi has at least a scene in "The Time of the Doctor" as Jenna Coleman has said that he has dialogue in the episode. Though it could be something as simple as, "Change, my dear, and not a moment too soon!" :)

15. sttngfan1701d

I want something longer than 10 seconds though. Two minutes (or one) with him post-regeneration would be enough. Otherwise it's a looooooooooooong wait before we see Capaldi properly.

I'd like to see he and Clara interact a bit too.

16. Allyn Gibson

I don't disagree. It'll be about eight months until we see Capaldi in action.

Yes, I know there are people who believe there's going to be an Easter special, but I really don't see the logic for that from the BBC's point of view.

17. sttngfan1701d

If it is about 15 seconds of him hopping around and shouting about how things are different before the credits, then I hope at least they'll give us a minisode with a few minutes of him and Clara getting used to each other (like Children in Need 2005 with Rose and Ten). The thought of 8 months before we see him again is....ugh.

18. The Wormhole

Moffat has called this a "traditional regeneration" so that likely means Capaldi will just be a cameo in the episode's closing scene. About the only difference from other Doctors I'm expecting is that we'll get a "Introducing Peter Capaldi as the Doctor" card flash up, like they did with John Hurt.

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if season/series 8 will have a new into along with a new console room.

20. sttngfan1701d

Since I've hated the "1980's Music Video Set" console room since its debut last Christmas, I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. I think we can safely bet that Capaldi will get a new intro, though.