What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Short sleeved gray sweater top with pink and white diamonds, black pants.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Jeans and a teal tunic.

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I seem to be wearing nothing but night- and/or leisure-wear these days... tonight I'm sporting the Star Trek Command pyjama along with a matching Star Trek Command bath robe (and -because it's a chilly night in these parts- a pair of Star Trek Command-coloured socks) :p

4. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

A dark T shirt with one of the Mr. Men on it, and a new black hoodie. Plus dark joggers, my black beanie, and the usual.

5. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I'm still feeling kinda crummy, but my outfit was really cute today, so here's a pic. The fab jeans I got at a thrift store for $13, a panda shirt, brown belt and boots, and hair up for a change:

[​IMG]

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

The panda shirt is awesome. :lol:

7. Captain Kathryn

Is that a Gryffindor scarf in your closet? If it is I have to say I love you.

And your outfit is super cute! :techman:

8. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Thrift stores must be fabulous where you are!

Me, navy blue shorts, grey tshirt, and a navy hoody, almost bedtime.

9. thestrangequark

It is indeed a Gryffindor scarf! I have Gryffindor kneesocks too!
    NYC has a couple of good ones (literally only a couple, Beacon's Closet and a few branches of Buffalo Exchange -- speaking of Buffalo Exchange, I got an awesome Bowie tee at a Buffalo Exchange in Denver when I was there for work!), the rest are WAY overpriced. There's also Salvation Army stores, but I refuse to buy there because of their homophobic policies. The best thrift store in the world is Value Village. They have two branches, located literally a 10 minute drive from one another on the same street in Lynnwood, Washington. Lynnwood is one of the dullest places on earth, about 30 minutes north of Seattle by car, and I make my mother take me to both Value Villages every time I visit Seattle (but I buy her clothes, so she likes it too!). Lynnwood is such a terrible and unfashionable place that the populace grab up all the boring Gap shirts and American Eagle jeans, and leave all the amazing finds for me, like that 60s-70s fringed leather jacket I posted before -- or maybe that was in the picture thread, I'll have to post it here.

10. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Our local thrift stores cost as much as the high street, and even more sometimes nowadays, so it's rarely worth the trip. Can still get lucky once in a blue moon though with designer items, and even gold and silver jewellery marked at costume prices (mostly because the sorters miss the value I assume)!

11. Captain Kathryn

Awesome~!

I have a bunch of Slytherin stuff from when I went to Harry Potter world in Florida.

I have the official Snape costume too that cost way too much money than I probably should have spent. I'll post a pic on Halloween haha. :lol:

[​IMG]

12. thestrangequark

^:lol: You'd better post pics!

13. comsol

comsol That Guy Premium Member

I've never heard a woman say that three-piece suits are sexy, let alone the sexiest item of menswear. I've been trying to lose weight, and one of my incentives is buying a couple of new suits from a store that moved in a few blocks from me (unfortunately I don't have much of an opportunity to dress up at work - but I want them anyway). If more women feel that way, maybe I'll get three-piece suits instead of the two-piece ones that I was planning on.

14. thestrangequark

^Seriously? You've never heard the quote "A well tailored suit is to a woman what lingerie is to men"?

I'm sure the other ladies here will agree, three piece suits are damn fine.

15. comsol

comsol That Guy Premium Member

No, actually I've never heard that. I do get compliments when I do dress up a bit, even if I don't get much of a chance to do that very often - and considering most of my sport coats and suits are kind of old and don't fit very well (or at all), but no woman has ever mentioned finding suits to be sexy to me until this thread. Mind you, as a guy who would like to wear suits more often, that is a sentiment that I am more than happy to encourage.

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Right now it's a pair of black shorts and a polo shirt.

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

That's a new one to me too, I must admit. I do agree with the statement though.

I also recall that the last time I wore a full Highland outfit in public (it was at a work leaving ceilidh), this one very cute young woman openly and literally squeeeeed before me. At the time I had no idea what she meant - I mean everyone wears a kilt in those parts - but later I understood. We even shared a slow dance together. I never saw her again. :(

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    You can't beat a nice bit of tailoring/schmutter. Male or female. I love my suits. Yamamoto, Adolfo Dominguez.

19. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

tsq, I may have a further excuse to run up to Lynnwood! Is the store closer to I-5 or the offramp to the Alderwood Mall?

20. thestrangequark

^You totally need to go! They are both right on Aurora, fairly close to Alderwood.