Going to Eden ... Yea brother

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by PCz911, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

"The Way to Eden" first aired in 1969, when I was 18, and I remember hating it even then. I enjoyed seeing Skip Homeier again in it, but that bald cap and those seashell ears he wore just looked ridiculous. The songs more resemble the folk era from a few years earlier than any contemporary rock of the time.

Then again, as Adam would say, I was pretty stiff back then, and definitely Herbert.

Edit: And before anyone asks (because it's been asked before a few times), I left Dr. Sevrin out of my avatar sequence in case anyone was already using him.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Daniel J. Travanti, that's a name that I haven't heard in a very long time. Good old Captain Furillo himself.

3. Shik

Shik Commander Red Shirt

It's the 3 most important things in business.
    I always thought Skip & Russell Johnson should've played as brothers in something, just like I'd like to see Bruce Willis & Jerry Doyle as brothers in something.

4. PCz911

PCz911 Captain Captain

5. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I have always that this episode was one or two re-writes away from being a really good episode. I'm not going to gainsay anyone's criticisms since they are many and mostly valid, but I will say that it was a touching moment when Spock says as he stands over Chuck Napier's body "his name was Adam". If the rest of the script had been as good as that one line, it would have been very good indeed.

6. PCz911

PCz911 Captain Captain

By the way, thank you for the chords.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've got some quibbles with those, by the way. I think the Emin is really a C7, and I think there's a D7 in there after the first Bmin.