What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Dashing! I really dig the color choice!

We're waiting.
    Ew?

For me today, tweedy black trousers and a tweedy grey vest over a black lacy tank top. Black and tan shoes. Didn't have time to snap a pic this morning, but I will if I'm not too grumpy when I get home.

I am also wearing a new medic alert bracelet. I admit that passive stubbornness has kept me from wearing one for the past several years. I always felt they were cramping my style, they're kind of ugly, and always much too big. Just annoying overall. Recently, though, I've been experiencing more wobbliness and faint when my blood sugar drops -- and if I do pass out it's really only a matter of minutes, maybe a half hour till I'm dead. I figured I should suck it up and be mature and start wearing one again. I splurged on the sterling silver and custom chain, which helps because it's not as ugly and it actually fits my tiny wrist. I was pleasantly surprised at how many styles they offer these days!

[​IMG]

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Sorry you need it, but that does look very nice for a medical alert bracelet. Congrats on your new-found maturity! ;)

3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I agree, it's quite pretty!

Jewellery is not really my thing, even tho it's not uncommon in Italy for men to wear a ring or a gold chain necklace. I have a couple that I got as gifts when I was a boy, but I never actually wore them. I used to wear a leather cord necklace when I was younger (mostly in summer), but these days I don't really care about it.

Showing off my legs, what else! :D

(I bought one in Inverness when I was in holiday in Scotland a few years ago. I am sure I already told the story how I asked for "the little bag that comes with it", only to have the very hairy and very offended clerk answer me with a growling "it's called a sporran!" :lol: )

The wait is over.

[​IMG]

I have been told it's too short, so I probably need to wear it lower. But I'm just the kind of guy that could wear a mini-kilt. Dekerd notoriously called me a tart for that. I cannot really argue with it. :D

4. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That's pretty awesome! ^^

5. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Today it is raining, so it's a raincoat-over-hoodie day. Plus a rain hat I picked up from the north of England a few years ago.

I could do with a second hoodie. It can't be healthy, wearing the same one all the time. :p

Yay, the famous kilt! Awesome stuff. :D

I don't think that's too short at all, although with the impressively sized sporran I can see why people might suggest it's a little short. From my experience, the best guide for kilt length is that you should be able to flash a bit of kneecap while walking. The jacket and dark kneesocks combo goes brilliantly with the rest of the gear - I can imagine you striding down the streets of Aberdeen in all of that. If you can get hold of a skean dhu tucked underneath one of the stockings, that'll complete the awesomeness. :bolian:

6. thestrangequark

I'm not big into jewelry either, and I have very little and wear even less. The ring in that picture is a pearl set in silver that my mother gave me, and I have a sapphire in silver that my dad gave me. I swap those out. I have a silver key I've worn around my neck for about 12 years, and I hardly ever wear other necklaces. I go through phases with earrings (I do have some amazing earrings, though: silver TARDISes, silver fibonacci spirals, Scrabble tile WTF/OMG earrings, etc). I just find too much jewelry feels in the way.

On men I don't really find too much jewelry attractive. I do like a piece or two here and there: I like rings -- simple, thick bands, not bling. I like a nice watch. Maybe an earring on the right guy. Maybe a bracelet on the right guy.
    Dayamn, boy.

7. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool! Very, very cool! :bolian:

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Thanks! I did look for a while on the site I ordered from before settling on the Douglas tartan. It really is perfectly in my color set. Can't say the same about my work shirt. I am going to get better pics of the kilt and it on me, it's just that I've been home sick for two days and have looked like shit.

Great looking bracelet!

And iguana, looking good! :techman: I was to get a sporran as well but messed up. Will see if I have room to order it on my next salary.

9. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

V-neck electric blue t-shirt, grey and blue long-johns.

10. Zulu Romeo

Stupidly I left my snug grey oversized Faroese jumper somewhere (but I don't know where), so tonight I'm cold.

11. thestrangequark

There are few colors as superb as electric blue.

12. Zulu Romeo

Electric pink? :bolian:

13. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

You're talking my language.

My eyes!

14. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Finally got proper pics of me in my kilt taken!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ain't I just a dashing bastard? :D

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I accidentally told a man in a kilt that he looked hot recently. Accidentally because I usually don't tell random strangers they look hot but I was so taken by how great the piece of clothing looked that it just came out. I made sure he knew this was all because of the kilt :lol:

MEN. WEAR KILTS. MAKE IT A THING.

16. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

If nothing else because they are soooooooo comfortable. I just wish the socks where proper knee socks for me. If they were I'd wear it outside now. Only part that's chilly outside right now with that on are the legs between the socks and the end of the kilt.

17. mari

mari Captain Captain

It's the weekend, so I don't care at all what I look like. :) Wearing the one pair of jeans that still fits, which are supposedly petite but I still have to cuff them; light gray Soft Kitty t-shirt that I got at the Warner Lot when we did the tour in June; hot pink low-rise athletic socks; bright orange hoodie that desperately needs washing, because I refuse to turn on the heat until it's under 50F outside. No shoes yet, but I'm thinking lime green and gray Saucony sneakers, should I have to leave the house at all.

ETA: I'm enjoying all the kilts and may have to get my husband one, just to watch him go all pale and panicky when he realizes what it is.

18. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Thank you, ladies. :D

Another perspective is that the sporran is reasonably sized, and I'm a really tiny guy compared with the usual Scottish measurements. Also, I think the skean dhu might be illegal to carry around here... :alienblush:

That's pretty awesome. :lol:

I was wondering which tartan was it. I got the Macleod, for no reason but that I am a huge nerd!

You look ready for a healthy dose of pillaging and plundering! :techman:

19. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

My parents are from the Netherlands, and I'm 5' 2". My mom was 5', and pretty much everyone on her side of the family is short. Whenever I visit the Old Country I feel even shorter!

While short length trousers are usually the right length for me, where I run into problems is tops and dresses. I'm obese and, shall we say, well endowed. Petite sized tops are always too tight as their cut doesn't allow for extra curves even if they're supposedly in my size, and the regular-sized ones tend to show too much cleavage as they hang low on me. This is why I have an impressive collection of slips and vests. I much prefer v-necked tops as they suit my body type, but without further cover I feel much too exposed. And cold. ;)

20. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a house inspection tomorrow and given I've been too sick this month to stay on top of the cleaning, I've had a full day of... cleaning.

Dodgy shorts and t-shirt is it.