AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2012

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

I think the suit looks better when it's darker. Maybe they should tone it down in post.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Less saturated colors are better, yeah. Who knows what color correction will accomplish - the close-up shot uptopic of the costume in a glass case shows the blue on the outfit as a little less bright and with more color variations in it. For anyone who wants to fuss about "the red, white and blue" - well, most American flags use a darker, more royal blue than the baby-blue that this thing looks to be (in bright sunlight, at least).

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, I must admit the suit is starting to grow on me. I love those last couple pics, textbook Captain America.

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

He probably won't look so silly when he's sharing scenes with the guy in shiny armor and the green CGI giant....

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he probably is the least silly of the Avengers isn't he? Not that I'm ripping on them or anything, I love all of these characters.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

It looks like they're going for more naturalistic looks for Hawkeye and Black Widow, but overall, it's all about context. He's co-starring with a diverse mob of colorful characters...the aesthetics are a little different from his own film with its period setting.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  7. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. If people were expecting Cap to wear his WWII costume for the modern setting, well, that would be just nonsense.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how just in a few days time we've gone from very little imagery to a virtual smorgasbord of pix and vids. And they're just in the first week of filming here in Cleveland. I'm eager to get back downtown on Saturday to see how different it all looks.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The new costume is starting to grow on me with these new pics. Maybe it's because these are "action shots", as opposed to Evans just standing around that makes it work.

And I knew that they weren't going to use Cap's WW2 costume in Avengers, I just like that one better than this one. I just thought that the look really worked well for the character. And the new suit kind of defines the progression from "Captain America: Super-Soldier" to "Captain America: Super-Hero". It's certainly waaaaay better than what we got in 1990.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention that yesterday's Plain Dealer indicated that they were getting ready to start night shooting on Monday. I think this is going to be on the Public Square set, which is subbing for Stuttgart.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Some of the onset shooting in Cleveland, is this one of Kang's Scarab Gliders?
    [​IMG]

A shot of one of Kang's gliders from the Avengers:EMH cartoon.
    [​IMG]

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Yes, because when you've got a lot of garish costuming and color in a shot it's always a good idea to add more. There's a lot to be said for contrast, an idea particularly well-suited to the stark (sorry) differences between, say, Steve Rogers and Tony Stark as characters.

Iron Man's costume in the movies strikes me as a lot less silly than most superhero outfits, BTW. It's armor after all, and given movie Stark's character and lifestyle the notion that he'd paint it up like a sports car is kind of delightful. :lol:

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

well, it's a good an explanation as any for why his armour's red and gold...

red/gold armour guy, red, white and blue shield guy, archer, the fit chick, big green guy, blonde lunk with the big hammer. easy.

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Exactly so. :lol:

I'd had enough of the notion that movies should recreate the colors and style of newsprint comics halfway through Dick Tracy, for me a thoroughly boring if not downright dismal experience.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I actually just watched the EMH's Kang invasion 3 parter and I didn't even notice that.:brickwall:
    The theory I read on Blastr, was that that's possibly a Skrull ship. Or a Badoon ship, setting up Guardians of the Galaxy.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

I'll have to try to check this out tomorrow when we're down there. I'm guessing this may be on the 9th Street set, but I could be wrong.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm really starting to wish something would come film here in AZ. I would love to be able go down and see a movie being filmed. I know the Jamie Fox, Jennifer Garner movie The Kingdom filmed here a few years back, but that was in the middle of a highway, where you can't really just wander down and see what there is to see.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

I hear ya, JD. This is the first opportunity that I've ever had to be anywhere near a movie set, let alone be able to get close enough to shot pix.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is a report in today's PD that in addition to all the stuff downtown and blowing up additional stuff in Parma (south of Cleveland), Marvel plans to shoot in a scene in another Cleveland location that will double as a Russian stronghold.

Love to know where that is! I suspect that before the month's out, we'll know just where that site is. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any places that could easily pass as a Russian stronghold around here... Though there IS a large population of Russians in nearby Mayfield Heights.

:lol:

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ Very cool. I can't wait for the first group shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.