Nothing Human/Moral Perspectives on Exobiology

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by QuarkforNagus, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

For that matter, why didn't the doctor just incorporate Crell's research into his own program at the beginning? Calling up a holographic expert was silly when Geordi did it, and still silly when the EMH did it.

2. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This might actually be due to the fact that the Doctor thinks the differences between holograms and their knowledge is closer than a regular person to their knowledge. Besides, we know what happened when he incorporated knowledge from historical figures into himself.

He became Dark Cloak ManTM, avenger of Kes!

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh, I can understand the rationale for Geordi doing it being he can't instantaneously download information. It only got silly once he started flirting with the holo expert.

The reason Crell was made into a holo? To give everyone including the audience someone to personify all the bad things done and interact with appropriately.

4. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

The Crell program, even if he didn't have memories of the real Crell's war atrocities, seemed pretty unethical. So that's a reason to be wary of using him in future.

That said I wouldn't delete his existing knowledge. That's just pointless - it then just needs to be re-discovered in future, and lives might be lost needlessly before that happens.

re; Belanna, she has a duty to her crew. I'd be more sympathetic to her wishes if she was in a hospital back safe on earth.