Moffat Promises "13 Episodes In 2014".

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

2. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, and considering he'll be around for 2...maybe even 3 years, it is really important!

But not as important as who will play the 13th Doctor!!!!!!! Announcement coming Christmas Day 2014!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Re: Moffat Promises "13 Episodes In 2014".

Moffat also promised we'd learnt he Doctor's name, that he was really, really dead forever, and that this upcoming "50th" will change EVERYTHING and FOREVER!!!!

Uh huuuuuh.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

"13 episodes in 2014" and "the Doctor's name" aren't apples-to-apples, though. :)

In terms of the storytelling, Moffat is the final word. If Moffat wants to exaggerate (or outright lie), that's his prerogative.

In terms of the production and the scheduling and the budget allocation, Moffat has people that he answers to. If his BBC superiors tell him that here's his budget and and here's his actor and they expect 13 episodes on the air in 2014, then Moffat had better deliver those 13 episodes for broadcast in 2014 because his job depends upon it.

4. Allyn Gibson

This is a strange article that says Capaldi will do two six-episode series and then either leave or renegotiate his contract and stay. But it also says the Christmas episode is still filming, which it's not, so it may be nothing more than garbled reporting.

5. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So that is why series 7 sucked. Sorry Moffat but how about you do your job. So many of those episodes felt rushed or way to loose. So many of them like "The Rings of Akhaten" had soo many holes in them that it was embarrassing to watch.
    "The Power of Three" is the same way, so rushed at the end.

Sooner the BBC gets rid of Moffat the happier I will be.

Anyway the rumor has been that no new episodes in 2015 so this might be just one year for Peter. So they might spread the series across the end of 2014 thru 2015. So maybe 6 in 2014, Christmas episode 2014 and 6 in spring (April) 2015. Then at the end of the series 8 have Peter regenerate but not finish it so we have to wait a few years for the show to come back on to see whom the 13th doctor will be.

6. Allyn Gibson

I don't see the logic from the BBC's standpoint for either of those possibilities. It's telling that Doctor Who was at the height of its popularity when it was a regular, 13-episode program. And Doctor Who merchandise doesn't sell anywhere near as well when there's no program on the air to support it. The BBC needs the Doctor Who money from Worldwide. Airing Doctor Who on an irregular schedule and resting the program doesn't help the BBC.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I came across that article as well...dismissed it when I got to the end of it when it stated the 30th Anniversary would be airing on November 23rd. I assume from the looks of it that it's probably a tabloid paper site.

8. Green Lantern

I bet that if Capaldi stays for one series, he'll be one of my favourite doctors but if he stays for many series, I'll loathe him. This always happens to me. :P

9. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe you'll change as you get older.

10. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

It's too bad he didn't promise 13 good episodes in 2014.:techman:

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Plus they spell Moffat's name Stephen as opposed to Steven.

Also, why the hell do they also include the age of everyone they talk about? How is that relevant to the issue they're discussing at all?

12. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Capaldi is as a huge fan as its been said he is, he WILL stay for AT LEAST three years, willingly and all.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I can never, for the life of me, keep those two straight. I always have to look up people named Stephen or Steven before writing their names because I keep forgetting which spelling they use. The only one I'm sure of without needing to check is Steven Spielberg. It's frustrating.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

That's just what British papers do. It's bizarre.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The Daily Express is a total rag. I know it's hard to think of something being like the Daily Mail, only worse, but that's what it is.

16. Green Lantern

Maybe. Who knows?

17. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly don't mind the episode count going down to 12 episodes plus the Christmas episode as long as they air the 12 all together and don't do more half seasons.

Yeah I'm guessing he'll be around for at least 2 or 3 years.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It's the Scottish Express though, although I don't know if they're related.

Nothing in that article makes much sense. Why go to the trouble of getting a big name in if he's only going to do one year? I could see the logic of two full series (ie 2x13 rather than 2x6). they might be concerned about Capaldi's age being a turn off, but this is surely compensated for by how well known he is, and to only offer him a one year deal, to be renegotiated at the end of that year, could back fire horrendously, because if Capaldi's a hit then his agent can squeeze the BBC for all they've got.

I will be amazed if we don't get at least 2 series out of Capaldi.

19. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Scottish Express is just The Daily Express, they just change the name in Scotland as they think sales will be better if they do.

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Then they should rename it the Idiot Express everywhere, in order to reach their target audience.