arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Jan 9, 2013.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

No, that's no fail, just a restart! *hugs*

{{{{{{{Shanndee}}}}}}} I hope it gets better really soon!
    I know it's little comfort as long as you are in pain, but I think you're lucky to have such a responsible dentist whos first priority is to save a tooth.
    Had I had such dentists in the past, I'd have 7 teeth more now :(

2. mari

mari Captain Captain

It's just the generics that are free. There are a LOT of generics, but...

Then there's MY insurance, which doesn't cover ANY birth control, either 100% or with a copay. Not sure how they're getting away with that, but ladies, stay away from Highmark Blue Shield. I'm switching to my fiance's coverage as soon as the marriage license is signed.

3. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^Not even all generics, unfortunately. The one they were charging me so much for was a generic. Fortunately, it sounds like they might have found another that will work for me, that will cost only $100 for 3 months, which isn't too bad.

4. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I am seriously getting sick of this. I am so tired of people talking to me like i am ignorant on certain topics when it is one of the few things that i actually know anything about. I'm sorry you think you're awesome and know everything, when really, you barely know of the topic in the first place. However, this is something that i've been researching independantly for about 7 years now.

But apparently that doesn't qualify me to know the basic history on it so i shoud just smarten up and listen to you oh so smart individuals.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Old man gets a new car, a 426 hp beast, I get to drive it from Santa Fe to Albuquerque...behind the slowest fucking highway patrol cruiser in the state

6. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

That wasn't directed at me, was it?

Do you want to talk about it more?

7. rhubarbodendron

^I took it for a general remark about people (particularly male colleagues).

Sephiroth, I was under the impression that throughout the US there's a speed limit of about 80 mph on highways. Are there states where there are no speed limits?
    My business car is a Ford Focus Turnier station wagon with considerably less horsepowers (163 afaik) but thanks to there being no speed limit on German highways, I regularly drive 100 mph with winter tyres and about 115 with summer tyres. I haven't tried it yet (too many potholes) but I believe the car can make about 130 mph.

8. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

People that speak loudly. I share an office with another person and earlier today someone came in to have a meeting with her. This old man (from Texas...he made sure he mentioned that numerous times) was speaking so loud it was driving me nuts. I know some people can't help it, but its still really grating.

And my office mate is sick (I think she got it from me though so I'm trying to be sympathic) and she just sneezed super loud. Grrrrrr.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

75mph in my state and the cops can be real hard-asses here. Can't think of anywhere without speed limits (god damn insurance companies) and I don't think there are any tracks close by I can rent time on.

10. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh no, if it was i'd be a bit more discreet and pm you. And be a hell of a lot nicer about it cause i like you lol

It was more directed at people i work with who thihnk they know everything :( Back to i just really need to get out of this job.

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Poison Ivy. It is all over me.

12. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

my office mate smacks her gum when she chews, making a wet sucking sound. Its sick! Ugh.

13. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not nearly as bad as some other problems, but this is now the 5th or 6th time since I've lived at my current place that something like this has happened.

[​IMG]

I have no idea who the people in that car are. They pulled up to that spot (completely blocking my driveway) and stopped. At first I thought the car was dropping someone off, as a girl got out of the passenger side fairly soon after the car stopped. Nope. Then I hear the sound of the parking brake engaging. Um...what? The girl who got out...is just meandering around the car on her phone while the driver sits there. Minutes pass. Still there. My wife is on her way home at this point and these morons are blocking the driveway. I was going to give them a minute more to move but my mother in law needed to leave, so I went out and asked them to move and let them know that that is not a parking spot. The reaction, while apologetic, also held a bit of surprise...like she was shocked that we may want to use our own driveway. :wtf:

I don't get it. They were able to move, so why park there in the first place? How is it okay to just block some stranger's driveway? Had they been broken down or something, fine, I'll even help you out...but to just park there while you probably wait for someone at the apartments next door...? Arrrrgh.

14. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Flux, I see your stopped car and raise you a parked one. ;) "Parked" meaning that the driver has actually gotten out and gone into an unknown house. My street is one narrow lane, but it widens just enough to park between my driveway and my next-door neighbor's. Unfortunately, some people are too lazy to park between the driveways. I've had to go door to door a few times, looking for a driver. Arrrrrgh!

15. rhubarbodendron

I have a similar prob at my office's basement garage. The garage is cross-shaped. I have a parking spot in a corner between the arms of the cross and it's already quite difficult to get out of there. It gets impossible if the big bus standing at a right angle to my business car (at the head of the cross, right around the corner from my car) is not parked properly directly at the wall but is protruding a little.
    It's so annoying when you're in a hurry having to get out of the car again, running up 2 stories and into the other wing of the building, getting the bus key from the key board, running down, parking the bus properly, running up again to return the key, running down once more and then finally getting out (only to find that someone has used my car and not filled her up!).

Sigocat, I can sooo sympathize with you! If people really have to chew all the time, like cows, they should at least do so soundlessly and with their mouths closed.
    I used to share office with a colleague who always slurped his coffee - it made me want to scream! Instead I put in earplugs - fortunately I have long hair which hides them. Maybe you could use the same trick? Or wear a walkman, perhaps?
    What also makes me cringe is when people kiss so terribly loud (and wet! Yuck!).

16. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that would really annoy me!

17. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was cooking some food in a microwave oven I bought new slightly over four months ago. The food needed stirring and a change to lower power part way through. After the stir I programed the lower power and cook time and pressed the "Button" to start the cycle...

The whole appliance went dark. Interior light wouldn't even come on when I opened the door. Got my outlet tester out and determined the outlet was live. Noticed oven would briefly come on and appliance would chirp when I closed the door. Would do the same if I bumped it on the side. Unplugged for over a minute and plugged back in, with no improvement.

The one bright spot is that manufacturer isn't wanting me to ship the unit to them. Not quite as bright, the manufacturer wants a letter containing the receipt, label from the back of the appliance and photo of cut power cord to Vancouver, BC (I live in Virginia USA). Refund of purchase price (not including sales tax or international postage) might take six weeks.

18. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I have a headache that's officially lasted two-and-a-half days. It sucks. I'm now trying crushed red pepper in my food.

19. rhubarbodendron

Poor Peach Wookiee! If it's a comfort: I have the same problem. Must be this crazy weather.

Robert, the problem you describe sounds very much like a loose contact. If you're a good DIYer, you could open the oven and look where it is. Possibly near the door.
    Do you only have a microwave or do you have a stove as well? In other words: are you going to have to live on cold meals the next weeks or do you have an alternative means of preparing hot food? (If the weather 's fine, you could BBQ :) )

20. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

^I went ahead and bought some OTC sinus medication, both daytime and nighttime, so it means I'll sleep early tonight. But if I wake up without a headache, that's a marked improvement!