The Amazing Race - 10/5/08 - Live Commentary

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Turbo, Oct 5, 2008.

?

Who is your early favorite team?

1. Aja & Ty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Andrew & Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Anthony & Stephanie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kelly & Christie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ken & Tina

16.7%
  6. Marisa & Brooke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mark & Bill

44.4%
  8. Nick & Starr

61.1%
  9. Terence & Sarah

5.6%
  10. Toni & Dallas

38.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

I prefer to see them doing their own navigating and driving, too.

The occasional panhandle can be quite entertaining, as well. ;)

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I really think they should do their own driving, for two reasons. The first is that it makes for much more entertainment when teams get lost on their own or just follow someone else who is lost. Second, I was listening to an interview of Anthony and Stephanie yesterday and they said that the cabs are so crappy in some places that you have a 50/50 shot of getting one that runs properly or a cabbie who knows what he's doing. After hearing the way they described things, it sounds to me like the biggest reason they came in last was bad luck in choosing taxis, and I think it would be better to take that element out of the show.

3. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Or have them take public transportation more often. Don't specify how, just let them solicite directions or find a transit map and let them loose. There are still variables, but it's less random than cabs.

4. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Well they would say that, given how things played out for them. But if it were accurate then half the teams would have had the same problem they did. Which didn't happen. If it had, there's plenty of drama in that and it would have been shown. Nope they just screwed up and don't want to admit it.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I didn't just get the impression from them, it was from watching the show in general. Cabs have often been an issue, one that I feel doesn't add positively to the show. When they get lost on their own it's funny, when their cab driver gets lost it's just annoying. They did say in the interview that all teams had trouble with cabs and that they had to switch cabs a few times because many were broken.

Something else interesting that they mentioned was that it took a long time to get the camera and sound crew into the cab as well. If they had their own cars this wouldn't be so much of a worry.

6. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The race producers understand that like in real life a cab driver will take you to the wrong place. As it is such a common event in life, they fell it absolutely should be a part of the race.

ANd I agree. Look Nick & Star also had bad cab luck, with a driver who didn't know where they were going dropping them from 2nd place to 5th.

Anthony & Stephanie at each stage of the race, tended to be at the end (and not just this episode).

WHat don't like so far, is the serious lack of self navigation that is required. I know the producers got sick of the increased level of begging and getting others to navigate for you (which also annoys me) but being able to drive from point A to point B should be a huge part of the race. ANd one that your physical shape as no bearing on.

7. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Agreed they should be driving themselves more. And paying a cabbie to lead you around should be outlawed.

8. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

Getting a local to ride along with you all day should be outlawed.