Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

The Romance I love the most was Tali
    Tali was so sensitive and insecure

1. Tali
    2. Kelly (was into everything)
    3.Garrus (unusal and awkward like having fun in the dark)
    4. Jacob ( I made a black fem shep and they were AWESOME)

I hated Ashley she came off as such a BIGOT, I let her die every time.

I could barely stand Alenko he was bland

Jack Cursed too much, I wanted to get with her because she was so hurt but she made me feel like I was taking on a charity case. She was a very realistic person but I would never have a romance with someone that was out to hurt everyone.

I hated Miranda...
    She picked on Jack too much and ran around looking like a professional slut. Sure she has a soft side but I don't have time to soften women...that's too much work.

I wish I could have had the Justicar...she was my kinda woman. Wise, thoughtful and powerful.

2. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I am pursuing the relationship with Miranda but I'm not sure if I did it right. I guess the achievement doesn't unlock until you go through the Omega relay? Anyway I found it a bit lame how you had to either side with Miranda or Jack when they have the argument and the one you don't side with refuses to talk to you for the rest of the game. I picked Miranda and now Jack won't speak to me.

I find the flirtations with Kelly to be fun. Her and Shep had dinner and then she offered to feed my fish while I was away, but my fish had already died due to my neglecting them. Oh well, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

3. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

The romance achievement doesn't unlock until you launch the suicide mission.

You can replace the fish, they're not all that expensive.

4. 6079SmithW

^OK, thanks. I still have three loyalty quests and some side quests to do before going through the relay, as well as getting the Reaper IFF. Guess I'll go get some more fish!

5. sonn

sonn Lieutenant Red Shirt

Did you choose the Paragon or Renegade options for the fight? IIRC if you did that they both still talk to you after their argument.

6. 6079SmithW

I don't remember exactly for that scene but I always try to go paragon. I've accidentally chose renegade several times though so maybe I was mean to Jack. Can't remember. Oh well Miranda's hotter anyway.

7. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Well, if you didn't have enough paragon or renegade points, it didn't give you those options. Meaning you had to take sides. At which point, if you took Mirandas side, Jack will only say 2 words to you from then on and one of them is "off."

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You have to feed your fish? I didn't know that, I guess that would explain why they had disappeared the last time I went into my room.
    As for the romance thing, I hoped to get together with Miranda (I'm Yvonne Strahovski (sp) fan), but I couldn't get past being friends with her. Which is pretty much how real life always out for me, so I'm thinking whatever I do wrong IRL I probably did wrong in the game to.:lol::scream:

9. sonn

Really? Usually in Bioware games unless your a total dick to the person you can initiate the romance. You have to wait until her loyalty mission is done before you can do anything though.

10. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was a full paragon by that point so I had the option, but my Shepard was desperate to boink Miranda so he sided with her anyway and pissed Jack off. :alienblush: Later, I went to talk to Jack and I had another paragon option available so I chose that, she forgave me and became loyal. So I got both of them on my side and got to boink Miranda. Result. :techman:

11. sonn

You talk to Mordin during your Romance? The stuff he says about having sex Miranda is hilarious. I romanced her on my 2nd playthrough just to see what would happen when Miranda and Ashley meet each other. :evil:

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Double Post

13. Hartzilla2007

Um the Illusive Man does in fact look like his voice actor Martin Sheen.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I was never an outright dick. So I'm thinking I must have just missed the opportunity somewhere, either by picking the wrong option or by missing the discussion where the option popped up.

15. 6079SmithW

16. sonn

Arrival is going to be 5 solo missions.
    There is more info and a rundown of the first mission here:
    http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1157495p1.html

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I don't mind the being solo thing. It's not like dragon age where your party is critical for your success

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Besides, they don't record additional squad dialogue for DLC anyway, so it's not like we'll be missing much.

19. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

what happened or do we wait to ME3 to find out?

20. Hartzilla2007

Do not read if you don't want a major spoiler.

YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE JUST 2 DAYS FROM THE REAPER INVASION!? I was kind of hoping the shepard would have a few months maybe a year before the apocalypse considering they were still approaching our galaxy, what did they find a warphole or something. INCONSIDERATE BASTARD SPACESHIP THINGS :scream: