Chakotay and Seska (Spoilers if you haven't watched S2)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Janeway’s Girl, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When did that conversation happen? If it was "Elogium" I missed it big time!

2. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was in Fury, after Tuvok first recounted his premonitions to Janeway.

3. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

The fact that Samantha was practically written out of the show probably didn't help. She's got to be the most neglectful mother who ever served in Starfleet. I speaking to a friend shortly after I finished Voyager and he was convinced she'd died you see so little of her in the later seasons.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

8 episodes.

1. Elogium (18 September 1995)
    2. Tattoo (6 November 1995)
    3. Dreadnought (12 February 1996)
    4. Deadlock (18 March 1996)
    5. Basics: Part 2 (4 September 1996)
    6. Mortal Coil (17 December 1997)
    7. Once Upon a Time (11 November 1998)
    8. Fury (3 May 2000)
    Okay... This I find weird. Sam wasn't in Basics 1. Sure, there was a season hiatus inbetween episodes, and the showrunner changed, and episode 2 obviously can't have been completely finished being written when part one went to air...

OMG!

All that shit with Samantha and her baby must have supposed to have originally have been with Seska and her half human baby! That was a fricking love story! Chuckles saves mother and child from Cavemen and they hook up, and she moves into his quarters, and the Maquis disown him for being a bigger traitor to the cause every time he sticks it inside her.

This makes perfect sense if you understand that the season 2 Executive wanted the baby to be Chakotays, but the season 3 Executive producer did not want the baby to be Chakotays... And if by the time an executive decision was made to change the kids biology, they already had half a fricking script where Chakotay goes through this trial by fire (lava) to prove that he loves the child that Seska raped out of him...

I mean obviously after a reversal where Cullah chooses to maroon Seska with Voyager on the Basics planet and run off with the Federation technology to found a fraking big empire in the DQ. You know he was an idiot to keep her around when it was obvious that Seska was going to stab him the back and take over his operation.

Or she's about to leave the basics planet with Cullah, turns towards the marooned humans, and says "fuck-it" then throws her baby at Chakotay like the first pitch at a base ball game, maybe he catches it, maybe it bounces a couple times, but Seska says something like "Thanks for the starter baby... A bit of a dud really, 5 minutes from now, my boyfriend is going to mount me on the captains chair on the bridge and fill me full of real babies that arn't so pathetically human. Ciao!"

Everytime I think I'm adding Jeri Taylor to the top of my shit list, I find that she's already there.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seska would rather have Chak's baby than Cullah's because she is painfully aware of Cullah's species's stupidity. With Chak it's only his stupidity that is in her face, she can at least hope his genes have something better going for them. With Cullah she would know she was doomed.

6. Guy Gardener

I remember her face when the EMH told her who the father really was.

Blood will tell.

It didn't matter the down side, because they were both awful men in their own rights, she was staying with the father of her child if she had a choice in the matter.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That might have been interesting, if Seska is captured instead of killed then Chakotay is raising her child while she's in the brig.

8. Guy Gardener

You say Chakotay, but you know it's going to be Neelix

But that leaves Naomi and Seska's kid being raised side by side to the death, or to the teen pregnancy.

This is what I don't get.

Why didn't Seska keep Naomi?

As a toy for her baby.

Of course eventually the Cardassian kid to prove to his mother that he is not a pussy, is going to be coerced into killing Naomi.

Which is why Naomi's growth cycle would save her.

9. Drone

"To survive, we must have powerful friends." If only she could have hung around the periphery, been patient, and waited to back the right horse!!! She could have pitched some heavy anti-Terran woo to the Voth while talking up the Cardassian's game. Maybe she could have helped save Species 116's bacon in exchange for get an in on their slipstream. Hell, even the Devore Imperium would have been a distinct improvement.

Ah, Seska. The real opportunities of the DQ were just around the corner, awaiting you!!!!

10. Guy Gardener

A powerful enough Ally wouldn't need her, or stolen Federation technology.

A powerful enough ally wouldn't be vulnerable to a powershift in her favour.

11. Drone

Need her? No. Try and use her, to get intel on the pickings in the AQ, perhaps. So, might begin an interesting dance between a seemingly invulnerable player and a masterful manipulator who's more tham capable of turning apparent weakness into strength. Worth watching I think.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Oh what Voyager could have been if the producers weren't cowards.