Was Reaper reaped?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by broberfett, Sep 22, 2008.

1. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    Is Reaper still among the living? Was it cancelled?

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It's probably coming back in January.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It will be back as a mid-season replacement. Probably this winter.
    article

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

As long as CW isn't reaped first, it'll be back. CW's ratings don't seem so catastrophic this year, which is good news for those of us who like at least one of their shows. ;)

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I was surprised at how well Gossip Girl and 90210 are doing too. Amazing that those two shows are so important...

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't need advertising to sell people things they need. You do need advertising to sell people things they don't want. Only stupid people and children can have their minds programmed so easily by 30 seconds of advertising to buy things they will never need. These shows target children and people of a similar uncomplicated m... No, wait, I like Gossip Girl.

Never mind.

7. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I came in here thinking it would be confirmation that Ripper was killed before production even began.

I'm fairly certain this isn't the first time I've had this problem with Reaper.

8. Guy Gardener

I've been watching a lot of Dead Like me recently and...Gladys is not at all a mote like Deloris. "Acting" is really disturbing if you stop to think about it.

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I kinda lost interest in Reaper towards the end of the first year. Not that it was bad or anything, it just seemed a bit repetitive. One week I found I just didn't care enough to spend 45 minutes on the DVR recording....

So don't worry. Now that I'm no longer watching, I'm sure the show will have a 16-season run.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I found it just the opposite. I think it became less repetitive with the whole "Demons vs The Devil" story, and whether or not the Devil is his Dad. I think it got better as it went on.

11. Guy Gardener

Considering that whole is Sam the son of Sam... Sam Jr? Is Sam the antichrist only popped up in the last 4 episodes, maybe Lindley phased out of the the shows Glamour just before it really got interesting.

:)

Of course we might not know who his father really is, but we do know that his so called real mother and father are certainly not who they purport to be.

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

If people weren't stupid, TV wouldn't exist! :rommie:

Sam is the Second Coming. It's massive mis-direction! :p

13. Guy Gardener

I like the theory that Sam was the third coming because his dad was Jesus who ran rather than end the world like grandpa wanted? Then of course, I also like to think they stole the plot from Preacher and the Mom and dad are an Angel and a Demon who fell in love... Not that that isn't untoward in this fictional universe since all the Demons still remember being Angels and hanging out with god which is part of why their lives suck so much these days... After a fashion.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this crap to carry on...

Been watching a lot of "The Collector" of late and it's like Reaper meats Joan of Arcadia but there certainly are a lot of shows all about the same thing. :)