Lady in the Water - A Prediction About Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I was a fan of M Night's from the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable( my favorite) and Signs. But the Village killed off any interest I had in his movies. He would have to do something really special for me to watch one of his films again.

2. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just wanted to say that I heart this film.

Carry on.

3. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much.

Unbreakable is one of my favourite movies but Shyamalan's stuff is getting more self-indulgent and hard to watch as the years go by. I haven't seen The Happening yet but I hear it's garbage on par with Lady in the Water.

4. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I was about to issue a thread-wide admonishment to the mud-wrestlers, but that sums it up nicely. :D

5. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As do I. I thought it was cute. Usually I don't like cute things, but this one had the right balance (I love the sequence where the movie critic tries to deconstruct his own death scene). I readily understand why most didn't like it, but I was smiling and laughing (good-naturedly) throughout. I guess it just has to be approached with a certain mindset. The setting is modern, but the story is really a self-reflective fairy tale, and operates on the logic (or lack thereof) of that genre.

On the other hand, I hated Signs. An even more thorough insult to the viewers' intelligence than The Village, in my opinion.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Obama this, Obama that......

He's not even in office yet, and I'm already sick of him.

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

You must have missed this earlier.

Now please... let's leave the political commentary for their appropriate forum(s).

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

^It wasn't meant as a political commentary, just an observation.