SG-U – Air I and II (1x01/02) - (Discuss – Grade | SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Brent, Oct 2, 2009.

?

Grade Air Part 1 and Air Part 2 – 2 Hour Premier

1. 9 Chevrons – Out of this Universe (A+)

15 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. 8 Chevrons – Beyond the known Galaxies

55 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. 7 Chevrons – In the Milky Way Galaxy

54 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. 6 Chevrons – Within our Solar System

16 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. 5 Chevrons – Haven’t got past Earth (Average)

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 4 Chevrons – No flying machines at all

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. 3 Chevrons – Pre-Industrial

6 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. 2 Chevrons – Dark Ages

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  9. 1 Chevron – Throwing rocks and stones here

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. Cannot Establish Lock – Doesn’t even exist (F)

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

http://www.syfy.com/universe/

Well this is it folks, the 2 hour premier of Stargate Universe is upon us all. This premier is a three parter, but Air Part 1 and Air part 2 are airing tonight as a 2 hour premier. Air Part 3 will be next Friday.

Tonight, at 9/8c set your DVR, set your recorder, set your clocks, be prepared for 2 hours of new Stargate.

Please refrain from checking poll options until AFTER the premier. When all 3 parts have aired (in Next Friday’s Poll) I will have two more categories for you to vote in, one will be grade the premier in comparison to SG-1’s and SG-A’s premier, and the second will be to ask if you are going to continue watching the series after the 3 part premier. Remember, this is a 3 part premier, so DO NOT MISS NEXT WEEKS EPISODE AIR PART 3.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Nice banner. Can't wait. I actually had a dream last night that I was held up somewhere and wouldn't make it home in time for SGU. :lol:

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I thought Amanda Tapping was guest-starring in the first part, too?

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Wow, you are right, but her name wasn't credited, weird. BTW, I pulled that from Gateworld, so perhaps it is credited elsewhere. I will search.

/Edit - She is listed on IMDB for 2 episodes of SGU, Air Part 1 and Air Part 2

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't put much credence on IMDB when it comes to cast lists for television episodes that haven't aired yet. They're notoriously bad about that.

Perhaps she goes uncredited as a way of getting around the problems of having SG-1 characters that weren't in the original movie in the pilot episodes of spin-offs?

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I had no idea this was starting tonight. Was there any promotion?

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

If you have watched the SyFy channel yes, lots. Don't know about outside of the SyFy channel.

8. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Battlestar Galactica + Reality Show = SGU?

Buy or Sell

SGU couldn't possibly last longer than SGA?

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I haven't watched SyFy since BSG ended so I didn't see those commercials. I've certainly not seen any on other channels.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I haven't been this psyched for Stargate in some time. I'm really looking forward to this.

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Me too!

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The site is horribly bad for any cast listings. i have looked up shows in the past and the main characters were listed for 68 episodes even through the show went on for many more than that. I can't even remember the show... this is going to bother me.

13. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I completely forgot this was on tonight. I'm glad I stopped by here today. Thanks for the reminder.

Sean

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Love the poll but got to admit while I look forward to watching the show, I am not really experience the same anticipation as I did before SG-A season 1 began.

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'm actually quite pumped for it now, I wasn't before, but I watched every single promo video on syfy.com and I'm enthusiastic for it. I do notice though, it seems there isn't as much "buzz" here on the forums like there was for the SGA Premier.

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Not listing regulars for every episode they appeared in is one thing. Listing actors who aren't in episodes playing characters that aren't in the episodes is something completely different. And it happens a lot on IMDB. 24 fans, for example, will remember Leslie Hope's appearance as Aunt Carol in the season four finale of that series. Or, maybe not, if you saw the actual episode. ;)

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I almost forgot. Whoops.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

To clarify, this thread is for both LIVE Discussion as well as Grading Discussion. In the past this has worked since there aren't as many people here as there use to be discussing Stargate. If turns out the thread seems overloaded, next time I'll make 2 threads. Just trying to keep it simple.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe because after what Atlantis could have been was wasted people aren't as welcoming.

20. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Almost time! Quick, everyone get ready!