The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kosh Naranek, Nov 8, 2012.

1. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

the midwinter finale pretty much help sever any lingering passing interest however miniscule. Needless to say julie plec has managed to totally destroy the show with the triangle and repetitive stories.

and a spin off sounds awful esp with plec being the creative force behind it but quality doesn't matter to the CW so it'll probably get picked up.

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I have not watched the last three eps. I may try to power through them this week. My interest level has fallen to zero.

If Elijah is on the spin-off, I might torture myself and watch.

3. Kosh Naranek

Well, I have caught up. The show really needs to do something to grab me or I am gone at the end of this season. (Not sure why I keep hanging on, unless it is to finish out the whole Professor Shane story.)

Bonnie's dad is a Cylon. I like the actor. I hope is not just grist for the kill the parent a week mill.

This last ep was too much exposition. I about croaked while they sat around a table and talked about their feelings. Blah!

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  5. Kosh Naranek

Now that Gillies is going to the new show, I will watch it and dump Vampire Diaries. I kept hanging on mainly for Elijah.

Granted the new show is not a done deal, but if it is a go I could see Claire Holt going as well. That means the only character that I pay attention to that would be left on the Vamp Diaries is Caroline and that is not enough to hold me.

Klaus is a bit much as a character but Morgan does his best to sell it. Claire Holt makes me like Rebecca inspite of myself.

I have not seen enough of Kol to judge.

Gillies grabbed me as Elijah back at the beginning. His involvement in the new show guarantees my eyeballs being on at least the first 4 eps, if the show gets made.

So, if the new show is a go, then I shall bid Vampire Diaries adieu.

If the new show is not made, I still do not think I shall watch Vamp Diaries past this season. The Salvatore brothers just bore me now, and I began to actively dislike Elena last year.

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show would improve immeasurably if someone would just stake Elena.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting fact: This will the second show that Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin have starred in together. In their native Australia they were 2/3 of a mermaid trio in the teen show H20: Just Add Water. I hate to admit it, but I've been tempted to check that one out just to see them.

8. Kosh Naranek

Ha-Ha! My niece watches that show sometimes.

I never realized that was Tonkin. I do know that I found it funny to see Rebecca being all nice. Does it come on Nickelodeon?

I have seen snippets once or twice.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only places I've found it in the US are Netflix and Hulu. I don't know about other countries.

10. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't remember Kol being a bad-ass. :lol: I have a horrible memory but if he dies how many are left? Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah?

11. Kosh Naranek

If Kol dies, that only leaves Elijah, Rebecca and Klaus. Mikeal, Esther and Finn are already dead.

I guess Kol's fate might hinge on whether or not they had decided on the Originals' pilot before they shot the next ep or two.

So, Klaus turning people for Jeremy to kill is bad, but killing Kol and possibly thousands of others as a result is okay? Gotta love these people's morals. It is only bad if it does not benefit them.

Besides, those ninnies only have Klaus' word that they are of his bloodline. Elijah and Rebecca confirmed they were not, but Kol was nowhere around at the time.

Kol was purported to be a badass when first introduced, because didn't Elijah or Rebecca say that Kol could scare Klaus?

...and now baby hunter Jeremy is supposed to take down Kol when just a few minutes earlier he could not tie his shoelaces without Damon?

Besides, Elena's plan reeks of selfishness and stupidity because I think Kol is the only one that makes sense. Maybe unleashing a pissed off immortal that could kick all their backsides is a bad plan? Why is Kol the only one that sees that?

I am intrigued by whoever sent that man into Shane's office.

Hooray for an Elijah mention - I think he comes back because Kol is a goner.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised no one seems to care about the fact that Silas is possibly some super immortal who could kill them all and bring about the Apocalypse. Apparently they're willing to bring about the end of the world if it means they have the cure at their disposal. Personally, I think I could deal with being a vampire if it meant I wasn't going to unleash some Apocalyptic Big Bad.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Elena turning human would mean the rebirth of Alaric (as his life was tied with her life). It could be an Alaric vs. Silas battle of the bad-asses.

QFT

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hundreds of years locked in a box can change a person and maybe even a god.

Well, it didn't with any of the Originals, but they were all born before psychology was invented.

15. js

js Captain Captain

Yeah, it's ironic that crazy Kol suddenly seems to be the one making the most "reasonable" arguments!

16. Kosh Naranek

:rommie: Yeah you know you are hurting when Kol McCrazyPants makes the most sense to the viewers.

Bumping to see if Kol bites the big one tonight. :evil:

17. js

js Captain Captain

At this point I'm starting to hope he doesn't. If I'm going to be stuck watching The Originals spinoff for Daniel Gillies' Elijah, at least having crazy (and sense-making?) Kol will add to the entertainment factor of that show. Especially if I have to sit through more Klaus/Rebekah sibling whining.

18. Kosh Naranek

That is true. I actually like Kol since he is pretty unpredictable. Sometimes he helps his siblings and sometimes he screws them over.

I will be watching the Originals (if it happens) to catch DG.

Klaus and Rebecca are better when seperated - IMHO.

When info first started coming out and only Joseph Morgan was confirmed, I thought how can the title be "Originals?"

Now that DG is confirmed that only makes 2. Granted that does give you the plural, but one would hope that means more than 2 or 3.

I suppose they could use the others via flashback, but that leaves little forward momentum for the remaining family members. They can only milk the flashbacks so far.

As the flashbacks for the Salvatores prove, you can only reveal so much. The flashback scenes from New Orleans in the last back to the past ep revealed nothing. We knew that Lexi was helping Stefan and she found Damon to be a danger to his bunny diet. It was definitely not film at 11 worthy.

Saw this picture on the net for the ep after the one coming up. Camping with Professor Shane?

[​IMG]

19. js

js Captain Captain

I think I read on ew.com that they are planning on using flashbacks in The Originals. But as you said, that only gets you so far storywise. Definitely would prefer 4 Originals to 2 or 3 in the cast. And then they've gone and stuck the werewolf chick in the spinoff show too apparently, for no good reason. :p

Looking forward to the road trip tonight with the professor. I'm a fan of that actor from The Tudors, so I'm happy he's stuck around a bit on TVD.

20. Kosh Naranek

I keep meaning to watch the Tudors. I hear great things. (Currently watching Carnivale.)

Saw this promo poster. Is that supposed to be Katherine? :guffaw:Claire Holt seems to have had a bad attack of 80s hair.

[​IMG]