The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

This is Star Wars. Background characters that appear for a fraction of a second get a full back story, an action figure, and a novel.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you sure that's not ponies?

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    :techman:

And that's the way uh-huh, uh-huh we liiiike it.

4. cooleddie74

5. cooleddie74

There's news that Wave 4 of the Movie Heroes (SW) line might be at American retail by Christmas, but if not they'll be released in 2013 on slightly revamped green Yoda-style packaging to reflect next year's premiere of both Episodes II and III in 3-D.

Wave 4 contains the following new (or newish) figures:

Light-up saber Anakin (Episode III)
    Boba Fett
    Sandtrooper (light-up cannon)
    Battle Droid with blast-apart feature

6. OdoWanKenobi

I decided I didn't like my DC figures on the cramped shelf I had them on. You couldn't see half of them in pictures. This is much better, though I still need some more room:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

As a onetime proud comic book afficionado it pains me deeply to say I don't recognize about a third of your action figures. Some I'd know blindfolded in a dark room...others I couldn't identify if I had a loaded pistol to my head. :alienblush:

8. OdoWanKenobi

Happy to help you with any that you want to know.

9. cooleddie74

Thanks, man. First of all I'm drawing a blank on the gorilla with the tubes and headset connected to him. I've seen him before but I can't for the life of me remember who he is and what comic, cartoon or graphic novel he comes from.

10. OdoWanKenobi

He's Gorilla Grodd, enemy of the Flash.

11. cooleddie74

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew I'd seen him before but couldn't put my finger on where. The Flash is one of those superheroes I haven't really followed much since the old CBS television series of 1990 went off the air.

12. OdoWanKenobi

The Flash has long been a favorite of mine. It drives me nuts that he has some of the best villains out there in the form of the Rogues, and yet Captain Cold, Mirror Master, and Captain Boomerang are the only ones Mattel has given us. Seriously, that's not even half. I need my Trickster, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Top, and Golden Glider dammit!

13. cooleddie74

The Trickster was the main villain on the old TV show and was played by Mark Hamill. He was the best thing about the series in the eyes of many viewers and the element I remember the most after more than twenty years. I don't know if the Flash series is available for streaming on Netflix or is accessible on YouTube but I'd check it out if you ever get a chance.

14. OdoWanKenobi

I never did see that Flash show. I was just a wee lad when it aired. I do remember Hamill doing a rather hilarious turn as the Trickster on the Justice League cartoon, though.

15. cooleddie74

I've seen Hamill's portrayal of the Trickster referred to as "the brother of Jim Carrey's Riddler...if he were strung out on crack." :p

16. cooleddie74

A Black Friday Walmart Special: $25.00 for eight Star Wars action figures...including brand new Clone Wars releases that many are having trouble finding!

I myself haven't found the CW15 Scuba Ahsoka or the CW18 Commander Fox so it'd be really cool to walk into a local Walmart during the Black Friday sales at the end of this coming week and find an eight-pack with two figures I haven't been able to track down. :cool:

Even the eight-packs with older figures make for some terrific army building fodder with Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, other Imperials and droids from both the Original and Prequel trilogies. $25.00 for eight carded action figures make these just $3.13 a pop, an even more incredible value if you can luck out and find figures you don't have and still want!

17. OdoWanKenobi

That's a great deal. Too bad I'm not in to Clone Wars, or I would be all over that.

18. cooleddie74

The offer also includes 2010-11 Saga Legends as well as Hasbro Marvel and Avengers figures, too. The Clone Wars figures make up only part of the stock.

19. OdoWanKenobi

Well shoot. I guess I'm not avoiding Wal-Mart on Black Friday after all.

20. cooleddie74

Here's a Walmart ad photo showing the Marvel and Avengers 8-pack they'll also be selling:

Avengers Assemble!

Looks like a mishmash of different Avengers characters from both the recent film as well as their separate movies (not sure if a Hulk figure is included in any of them)...I don't know if you already have all of these or passed on them, but it's added incentive to hit Wally World if you're still in the market for more Avengers and Marvel figures.