Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Want to start some new rumors? Matt Bomer as Bizarro! J.K. Simmons as Perry White! Anne Hathaway as Lana Lang AND Catwoman!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not surprised the rumors have died down. Zack is probably getting ready to do press junkets for "Sucker Punch" over the next couple of weeks. It was said back in December I think that once his commitments with "Sucker Punch" are complete that he will be diving head first into "Superman". So I would suspect the rumors to start up again with actual news sometime next month.

3. Admiral_Young

I'm not surprised the rumors have died down. Zack is probably getting ready to do press junkets for "Sucker Punch" over the next couple of weeks. It was said back in December I think that once his commitments with "Sucker Punch" are complete that he will be diving head first into "Superman". So I would suspect the rumors to start up again with actual news sometime next month.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

JacksonArcher posted this in the other Superman thread, here: http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=129913&page=25 ...but I think this is the main thread.

:)

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks Jetfire.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ :bolian:

I am glad they are making this like there hasn't been any other Superman movies before...but I will miss the John Williams theme.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that's good to hear. Somewhat new territory, Costner as Jonathan, can't wait for more casting or story news.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Interesting interview but I'm not really getting how everyone reads confirmation of Costner from it.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Rumor of Costner as Jonathan Kent hasn't been denied. :shrug:

10. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I will miss the John Williams theme too. Can't wait until they reveal the Superman suit! 2012 is going to be an epic year for this movie nerd, Superman, Star Trek XII & Godzilla!

11. Captaindemotion

Or confirmed. :confused:

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

At this point...Costner HAS to be Jonathan Kent. :lol:

13. Captaindemotion

^ Oh, I agree, I think he'd be perfect and I'd say he will get the role. Just didn't see why so many people felt that the article confirmed it.

14. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

2012 is going to be epic in movie terms period.

I mean, Star Trek XII, Batman III, Superman Reboot, Spider-Man Reboot, Wolverine II, John Carter of Mars, Bond 23, The Avengers, MiB III, Ice Age IV, Bourne IV, even Georg Lucas has announced the 3D version of The Phantom Menace for February 2012. It's like Hollywood actually thinks 2012 will be the end of the world and wants to put out one last installment of all the big franchises in that one year. :wtf:

15. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. 2012 at the movies is truly geek heaven (except I could care less about a Star Wars release, and nobody liked that prequel movie much anyway). This is part of why I have a hard time getting very excited about this year's movie season. It's all about 2012, baby. :biggrin: By the way, Kai, nice title. I always thought "Star Trek: Beyond" would be a cool name for a Star Trek movie. That, or "Star Trek: Infinite"...if you can stop yourself from thinking of Buzz Lightyear when you hear it. :p

16. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll miss the Williams theme. I hope they don't have to waste too much time on an origin story everybody and his brother knows already.

17. Admiral_Young

All Snyder seems to says about casting is that he teased that what is yet to come will be awesome! I didn't read into anything that he confirmed Costner either. To me that's still a rumor until it's actually confirmed. All I know is that I hope they get someone other than Tyler Bates to score this film. Not a fan of his work although I'm very curious and hopeful for his "Sucker Punch" score with Marius DeVries (who co-wrote the Kick-Ass score).

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds awesome. I bet the movie will be awesome....

19. Admiral_Young

20. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore