I need my own TV talk show.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I need my own talk show. I'd be like Dr. Phil only much harsher. I'd berate people like the idiots they are and when they piss me off greatly I'd throw bricks at them.

Dr. Phil, today. He's talking to people who do text message on their phones and drive at the same time.

His first guest? A 21 year old blond ditzy idiot who texts on her blackberry, with both hands! Constantly. She drives with her left knee pushed up on the steering wheel.

They put a camera in her car and recorded her doing it during a day of her driving and sure enough her knee is on the wheel, both hands on the phone, and while she is almost always looking on the road, she occasionaly glances down at her phone. They even showed her on the HIGHWAY DOING THIS!!!

This girl needs to die. She needs to have someone swerve infront of her, suddenly, lose control of her car, crash into a K-Rail or go down an overpass and have her car crash into an abudment and die. Or be severly mamed/burned.

Becuase this girl is an idiot twat and is a danger to everyone on the road.

She needs a brick thrown at her face.

Phil took a poll of his studio audience and a few people raised their hands that they text and drive. All people who need bricks thrown at them.

The stupid of people never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't really watch Dr. Phil unless it's on at the gym, but I happened to catch his show on video game addiction. One lady had a son who became obsessed with some online game to the point where he didn't care about anything else in his life, and eventually he took his own life.

While I feel bad for her loss, she blamed it 100% on the video game and claimed that there was nothing wrong with her son before he started playing it. Then she made some really bad generalizations about gamers.

Anyway, if you really want your own talk show, there's cable access. Sure, the production values and the guests will suck, but it'd be your own show.

3. Trekker4747

Will I get to throw bricks at people? Or tell them to crash into a bridge abutment and die or become mamed?

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Um, Trekker. ... blackberries are designed so you CAN text with both hands. ;)

Though, you're right --- she should NOT be doing that while driving, and if you had a talk show I would watch it, MST3K style every day. :techman:

5. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Trekker, if I can be your co-host, then yes, absolutely.

My aunt does the same thing and she deserves to be shot from a plane by Sarah Palin.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMFG! Trekker is complaining about bad drivers again!

BTW: If you have a show like that, you gotta have a catch phrase.

7. Trekker4747

You can be my Ed McMahon. You can sit there, laugh at my jokes and say things like, 'Good hit, sir!" when I tag someone with my brick.

My catch phrase? "Bricks, a lot!"

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  8. Ben Sisko3

Can I throw the occasional brick, sir?

9. Aragorn

"I don't care if you kill yourself driving, just don't take anyone else with you. Good night folks!"

10. Trekker4747

Nah. The brick is my thing.

Don't worry, though. We'll find something for you.

;)

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

He can use one of these, then it you can call it "brick and mortar."

12. Super Grover

Super Grover Vice Admiral Admiral

There are too many talk shows as it is.

13. Trekker4747

Yes. But mine has bricks! Being thrown at stupid people!

I'd even have segments where I'd walk down the street throwing bricks at people doing stupid stuff. The guy putting his cigarette out on the sidewalk instead of a nearby ashcan? Brick!

Guy in line at a busy service-counter at a deli or other restaurant during the rush lunch unsure of what he wants to eat? Brick!

14. Super Grover

Super Grover Vice Admiral Admiral

I still probably wouldn't watch.

15. Aragorn

Sinbad... Chevy Chase... Magic Johnson... Pat Sajak... Martin Short... Trekker4747?

16. Ben Sisko3

As long as it's not a brick destroying my insides or gorgeous, gorgeous outsides, I'm okay with that! :bolian:

17. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This will only work if Trekker starts shampooing with Tang.

18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Joe Pyne -> Wally George -> Morton Downey, Jr. -> Trekker4747?! :eek:

19. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    What's sad about things like this is that it shows how the person has absolute disregard and/or ignorance of the danger they present to others around them and the potential consequences of accidents. The scary part is that you could be doing the right thing and because she's an idiot, she could smash right into you through no fault of yours. The best part? Her parents would probably defend her and talk about what a "good girl" she was.

20. Trekker4747

The mother said she'd been trying to get her daughter to wake up to what she was doing, and didn't like her phone/driving practices.

The girl, yeah, was very oblivious to the danger she was on the road and was convinced she has "skillz" that allowed her to be able to do it safely. (Even when she was going down the highway, both hands on her blackberry, and controlling the car with her knee pushed against the wheel. :rolleyes: She said the nmbers Dr. Phil threw at her (your ability/attention to driving goes down 90% while texting compated to (IIRC) around 15% on MJ and like 10% or so on alcohol.

Ugh.

The girl was just a twit.