Cumberbatch in Star Wars 7

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Khan444

Khan444 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"If you delay, then I will walk over your cold corpses to recover my French fries."

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooh, missed opportunity for Wendy's to have a promotional tie-in with STIP. Have a commercial with Cumberbatch and Chris Pine eating at Wendy's, perhaps even in costume. Cumberbatch says "Now that's Better." Pine asks "than what?" Cumberbatch answers "Everything."

3. Khan444

That's actually a really cool idea. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Creative incest this would have been.

Having the same director for both Trek and Wars is already enough. Do they also have to share the actors? That's silly.

There are 100,000 unemployed actors in Hollywood. Give other people a chance.

5. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aside from Hamill, Fisher, and Ford, the only actors who are guaranteed to be in the new SW films are Greg Grunberg and Amanda Foreman.

6. Khan444

If they're right for the part and do a good job, who cares?

7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cumberbatch is just the current hot commodity, which is Hollywood has a half-life of one or two years. Unless he really is "it" or has an excellent agent, he will go the way of Matthew McConaughey, Zach Galifianakis, and everyone else who was "the Shizz" and starred in every film for a six month stretch.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not creative incest. As a rule, people like to work with those they've worked well with before, whether those people are directors or plumbers.

It's really not.

Most of them are unemployed for a reason.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

9. Khan444

McConaughey, you mean that guy who starred in several critically acclaimed movies in 2012, and now is the talk of Hollywood. Yeah, bringing him up isn't helping your argument. Also, comparing Cumberbatch to Zach Galifianakis is just laughably absurd. Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, Burton, etc. They ALL like to work with certain actors a lot, JJ is not unique in this regard. In fact, he's done it LESS than the other filmmakers.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's like Cumberbatch and Karl Urban are competing to see who can most completely invade Nerd Consciousness.

"I'm Smaug, Sauron and Khan all at the same time!"
    "Oh yeah, well I'm Eomer, Bones and Dredd!"

11. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

We must keep the franchises pure! We must ensure the purity fo the Trek above all else! We must stand against the dilution of true Trek...

...sorry, had a "moment". :devil:

Reality: You're right. I don't care what someone has or hasn't worked on. So long as they're the right man or woman for the job, let them have it.

12. The Wormhole

Abrams, like many directors, has a thing with working with the same actors. Just from the Trek cast, Simon Pegg is in Bad Robot's Mission Impossible movies and Karl Urban is in that new Almost Human show. Add onto that all the actors who have been in multiple Abrams projects.

It's nothing unusual. Christopher Nolan casts Michael Caine in everything, has worked with Tom Hardy and Christian Bale multiple times. Joss Whedon is constantly bringing his cadre of actors on his many projects. And so on.

Basically, there's no reason we can't expect a few Abrams Trek stars to show up in Star Wars Episode 7. I'm sure Simon Pegg would like to be able to say he's been in all three of the world's biggest sci-fi franchises. It'll sure be surreal though, since very few actors have been involved in both Trek and Wars. Leaving out voice actors in Clone Wars, I doubt the number of actors to have roles in the live action movies/episodes goes above ten.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams needs to cast Tom Hardy too, so we can have Shinzon vs. Khan in the Star Wars universe!

14. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Khan could pummel Shinzon using only his eyelashes.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Pegg already supplied the voice for Dengar in the animated The Clone Wars.

16. Khan444

I'd like Abrams to bring in Tom Hiddleston as well. We could have Khan and Loki in the same franchise, it would be glorious.

17. The Wormhole

Kind of already done. ;)

18. Khan444

They forgot The Joker from The Dark Knight.