uniform costume patterns

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by surak-toc, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

whether or not this is the right place i was wondering if you guys know where to get free star trek uniform patterns, all shows if possible, they have to be free and have a right material list.

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

While they're not free, Roddenberry.com has them for sale relatively cheap. There are also 'clubs' that focus on creating accurate uniform replicas. Do a search for StarFleet1701st

3. surak-toc

cheers, just having a browse now

4. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS era uniform patterns were printed in the Star Trek Starfleet Technical Manual by Franz Joseph. You can find them here: http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/sftm.php. Scroll down 10 images to find the start of the uniform patterns

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From what I've seen, the TOS and early DS9/VOY uniforms are relatively cheap. The TNG ones a bit more the costliest being the TOS movie era and late DS9/TNG movie era uniforms.

6. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

I'd love to get my hands on a TOS Movie era uniform. Probably only have the stones to wear it on Halloween though...

7. surak-toc

would like either TOS movie uniform or newer DS9 uniform the most

8. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I would love a TOS movie era or TNG First Contact through Nemesis era uniform. :cool:

9. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I just found a free pattern for a TOS uniform men's shirt that I printed off the internet in 2004.
    The site's no longer on the internet so I'm thinking its either copyrighted or nobody's interested.
    If I were to pass on these pages to anyone would I be breaking any copyright laws? Does anyone know?

10. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Paramount's tolerance of even Fan Films waivers, it seems, every few years, or so. I would not play around with copyright infringement. It just ends up making things worse for fans, later ...

11. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can you please send me PDF file of the star trek TOS shirt pattern, to my email address
    KENNY SMITH
    get2it88@yahoo.com

12. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really wish I could get my hands on some digital copies of these various patterns. It would help a ton to be able to trace them in Marvelous Designer, so I can make fully screen-accurate uniforms for my Daz Studio figures.

13. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Has anyone found patterns for Discovery uniforms? Specifically the Enterprise style uniform used by Pike in Season 2?

Last year I made some TOS style tunics with the pattern off of xscapes, I recommend that pattern because they include dye instructions.

For fabric you can e-mail international silks and woolens and request what you are looking for. I asked for their nylon dura knit fabric in white it's pricey but it's close to what was used in season 3 and continues and can be dyed.

Season 1 and 2 they used a style of velour but it's no longer being produced for those I used craft velour off of cr crafts, but the fabric sparkles and is polyester so it doesn't dye I find the colors aren't the most accurate but it's close.

For the collar I used Telio Paola Pique Knit black fabric off of fabric.com. I still have some extra I'd give to anyone that needs it just send me a pm.

14. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thank you for your help with this matter, I can tell you this, if you can get anyone to make a copy of the star trek TOS shirt pattern. Have it in a PDF format.

15. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Etsy has a lot of Starfleet Uniform Patterns. Also look up Bad Wolf Costumes... they do a lot of patterns for the 24th century era uniforms, based on production uniforms.

16. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I don't think it's a great idea to post your email like that, but that's up to you.

This was thread was dead for 6 years. Please re-read the posting rules regarding resurrecting dead threads.

Let's let this one rest in peace.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.