First five scripts of series eight leaked online

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Atticus, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Time to take a vacation from here.

3. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :)

[edit]: Huh, it appears that Bleeding Cool have removed the names of the episodes since I read them, was there any need to do that? If anyone wants to know the names, you can mail me. ;)

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? I see five titles in the article. Quoting (under a spoiler cut):

They are Deep Breath by Steven Moffat, Into the Dalek by Phil Ford, Robots of Sherwood by Mark Gatiss, Listen by Steven Moffat and Time Heist by Steve Thompson.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah you could be right :(

7. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spent the morning reading them and all I'll say is if you've been waiting 28 years for a Doctor even more rude, horrible and unlikable than the 6th, Christmas is coming early for you.

Ditto if you wanted the question of why the Doctor looks like the characters Capaldi played in the past to be a thing.

And ditto also if you want Clara to become the most important character in the history of the show apart from the Doctor. (Actually, given what happens in Episode Four she's arguably even more important.)

8. Green Lantern

May I ask where you got access to them?

Rude horrible and unlikeble doctor? I can live with that, heck I'll confess the 6th doctor is my favourite from the classic series (unless you count McGann but I don't) plus it might be comedic. But it could be better, plus a completely unlikeable doctor and dull companion might wear us down after a while, when Moffat was talking about "it'll be like Tom Baker's fist series in that he'll be different", what he was meant to say is "it will be like Colin Bakers whole era" which certainly would have damaged his reputation. Although I get a nasty feeling he's taking more inspiration from Hartnel, my least favourite Doctor ever. At least Colin could be a laugh and Peri really improved the series, but Hartnel was the villain of his first few episodes.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to that bit.

This though? God no. Clara sucks compared with most other companions, and what I heard about episode four before sounded dodgy. Now I'm certainly dreading it.

Could I ask you a favour and ask where you got access to them, or at least mail me some juicy plot details? I'll love you forevers. :)

9. Green Lantern

Yep, all that information's correct but when I just checked up on it now, the names are gone. Unless they put them back by time you read it, or you opened the link prior to them changing it.

10. Allyn Gibson

Supposedly, they're on the torrents. I can't check because I'm at work.

I didn't click to the Bleeding Cool article until I saw the link here and made that reply. *shrug*

11. Green Lantern

Okay thanks. :)

Oh, right. :P

12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At one point he tells a grieving woman to stop whinging about the death of her brother (which has just happened!) and to thank him for saving her life instead. So not all that funny.

And the Clara stuff. Oh boy. Episode Four is basically a sequel/prequel to Name/Day Of The Doctor and ends with Clara travelling back to meet the Doctor as a scared child (who lives in the barn from Day) and gives him the courage to become the person we've been watching, reading about and listening to for over 50 years. It's made clear that without her he would have been conscripted into the Gallifreyan military instead of entering the Time Lord Accademy and would have amounted to nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  13. Green Lantern

Oh, right. Not at all funny then, it's not even dark, it's just......bad. Christ, not even the Master or Colin Baker would do that, heck Hartnel would have given her a hug or some way of showing sensitivity. Tell me, does this happen in episode 1 thus it might be Moffat's way of showing "regeneration sickness" or does this sort of thing happen all across the entire series?

Whhhhhat?!?!? Seriously? Da Fuck? This is well and truly Moffat trying to make his era the most important by having his doctor (Smith) have the longest lifetime (unless Hartnel lived that long of course), under his wing the timewar was "sorted out" and now he's trying to make Clara the definitive and most important companion in the doctor's life? She's not even interesting or that popular. I would have put that past even Moffat! Man, as soon as I give that man slack he does stupid stuff like this.

Okay, thanks a lot dude, I strongly appreciate it! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Gets worse

Apparently mp4s of the episodes leaked as well, and they're pretty much finished and rendered complete with the new title sequence.

15. Green Lantern

You mean gets better. ;)

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, it *is* Malcolm F. Tucker...

17. Lonemagpie

Of course, the scripts are watermarked for each person with access, so they know who leaked them. (Marcelo Camargo, who works at the BBC's Miami office, apparently - the fool actually first put the Deep Breath script up *on BBC Miami's server*. Call that a Darwin style career suicide).

Of course it's been taken down now.

Anyway, yeah, the guy was working as a translator for the new Latin America arm of BBCA, was sent the scripts for translation into Spanish/Portuguese, and... I guess that job's open now.

18. Lonemagpie

Also, the runtimes have leaked, BTW - they're a little longer this year! Which must be related to there being only 12 episodes, but with 13 worth of footage altogether (I presume)

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Indeed. :vulcan:

20. Allyn Gibson

I'm reading the script for "Listen" (episode four) as I eat my lunch.

On the page, Capaldi's Doctor is an asshole. I'm reminded of early Hartnell or Pertwee. He's not cuddly at all. This is an old, cantankerous fucker who talks like Socrates and plays mind games on Clara.

And, mind you, I'm only on page 16 of 70.

Edit: On page 18, Moffat recycles the "funny little brains" bit from "A Study in Pink." Lazy fucker.