Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, that. Well, it never really bothered me much. I figured it was just the way the world worked.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I'm all in favor of them taking hacks people have done (such as the hack to stack fences) and replace them with something less annoying. Just like they replaced boosters with real powered rails.

3. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I own the game, and I need to get back, though I am sure I would have a lot to relearn as I played in the Alpha. But I started up the world and I ended up with a nice spot to have a good starting place before exploring off and building great things.

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome back! I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised by all the added features.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In all honesty, the game hasn't changed much since the alpha stage. New things have been added such as wolves, weather and powered rail, but the basic mechanics and objectives are still the same. However, it seems like all that is going to change with 1.8:

From Notch's blog

Still no word on a release date. :(

6. Cutter John

I was wondering if there'd be any intrest in a weekend Creeper Hunt on the server.

Basically I'd set up a crate for everyone who want sto participate. Our fearless leader would turn on creepers from Fri to Sun, and competitors would leave the gunpowder they'd collected in their crate. On Monday, I'd total them up, and the top 3 winners would get a choice of say, 8 Diamonds, 20 Gold, or a stack of Iron.

Naturally I'd get to keep the gunpowder for blowing up my mountain. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  7. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Real pros go ghast hunting

8. Robert Maxwell

I'm cool with this. Here's hoping the creepers don't cause too much damage.

9. Cutter John

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I think in some states it's still illegal to wear a rabbit on your head. Or maybe it was a duck. Can't remember...

11. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I started it on up, Did they increase the depth of Rock since Alpha? as it seems like it took FOREVER to drive a shaft to bedrock. I also assume that 10 blocks above bedrock is still a "Sweet spot" for mining?

Yesterday I played some, leveled off one area that will be used as something (Perhaps a rail depot) then I found a outcropping that was ideal, leveled off, and built a house (In the Micheal Bay style, out by the sea, with large windows, and not much furniture) Also have my mine (Mine #001, Claudia Black Mine (I name mines after attractive girls)) Which consists of my first home base, then a long stairwell down to 10+ above bedrock, and smoothed out a little chamber, but hardcore mining has not commenced. Did a little exploring, and I really like some of the areas for future projects, as I have some flat areas for townbuilding and so on, and then also a good rock face for a underground city. forgot how additive this game is.

12. TheGodBen

1.7 is out! And it's bugged! :lol:

Pistons pushing against water, redstone, torches, snow, leaves and some other blocks not only crashes the game, but corrupts the save. Right clicking on a sheep also crashes the game.

Yup, I'm waiting for 1.7.6. :p

[yt]v=uo4UFb2YKI0[/yt]

13. Robert Maxwell

Wow, that's fucking lovely.

14. TheGodBen

Well, 1.7_01 is out and that not only fixes the bugs, but it also makes the corrupted worlds loadable again, according to Notch. Still, I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a 1.7_02 before the end of the day.

15. Robert Maxwell

I'm not about to take Notch's word for anything. I'll wait a couple days, minimum.

16. TheGodBen

New updates are getting themselves a bit of a reputation. So far, 1.7_01 looks to have solved the major bugs, with the biggest one remaining being that if you right-click on a sheep with anything other than shears, the item disappears, which isn't that big of a deal. Then there's minor bugs like this:

You've got to wonder how things like that happen. :lol:

17. Owain Taggart

Looks like I won't be updating until they fix those horrible bugs.

18. Robert Maxwell

I would just like to point out that Mojang has a "Director of Fun" but not one fucking QA tester on staff.

19. Owain Taggart

Maybe they should hire someone, like you for example :)

20. Robert Maxwell

QA doesn't pay well.