Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chaos Descending, Jun 10, 2011.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

BioWare Austin does have a team working on guild updates, including the rather basic necessity of guild banks.

2. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I was snowed in today and thought "What the hell".

I've never actually tried to buy anything from Origin before. I can see why everyone hates it. For as much money as EA put in to the game, they're making it hard to buy.

Oh well. I guess I won't force my money on them.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I had no problems when I ordered.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I somehow turned music off via in game chat command (not sound just music) any idea how to get it back on??? So far google beens useless and the other players are too busy arguing to respond to a question.

So far the actual playing community sucks as a community.

5. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Is this going to get Biowares investment back?

6. PsychoPere

Of course it will.

7. PsychoPere

If anyone is on the North American East Coast PVE server Keetael, feel free to look up my Jedi Knight Terak. I'm also an Officer in a guild called the Vandar Order with that character, if anyone is on that server and is interested in a guild.

8. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Why oh why is this stupid game NOT available for xbox?!?! Morons! :scream:

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because it requires more buttons than your we lil' gamepads can handle. Also, it would basically have doubled the server costs and added a ton of dev time to the game itself.

10. sojourner

Because playing on an xbox would be an extreme dis-advantage.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

If it hasn't already, it's probably close to it.

For one thing, it's a safe bet the price tag is nearly as high as some of the outrageous internet claims have suggested.

But given the make up of the various versions people bought and the sales estimates, it's a safe bet they've already made ~$150m just on copies sold, and I'm being conservative.

That doesn't even account for subs which won't tick off for a few more weeks.

12. sojourner

So how is everyone enjoying the game? I am taking it fairly leisurely for me. My main just hit 32. I do have about 4 other characters between 18 and 10 though.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

After playing less over christmas (needed a break) got back into swing of game over last 3 days and hit level 37 yesterday. Just arrived in orbit on Hoth before I logged out but can't wait to get down on Hoth.

14. PsychoPere

I'm absolutely loving the game. My original server tends to stay pretty full in the evenings, so I temporarily abandoned my Imperial Agent (at level 31 and on Alderaan) and migrated to a new server that was brought online on launch day. My main character there is a Jedi Knight, currently level 39 and on Quesh. I also have a Smuggler at level 12 or so, a Sith Inquisitor at level 14, and a Smuggler at level 13 or so.

15. sojourner

^You're still getting server ques? During the prelaunch I picked one of the least crowded servers. It's now a "full" server but still manages to avoid a wait time.

16. PsychoPere

I haven't actually tried logging into Shadow Hand since launch week. Did see it listed as "full" within the last week or so when I was on the server page due to a random disconnection, though. It's probably not bad anymore, but I ended up helping form a guild with my Knight, so I'm pretty much staying on Keetael now.

17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I am still liking it. Been playing a trooper to level 38 with a few different lowbies. Make sure to do the Taral V and Maelstrom Prison FPs. They will rock your mind, especially if you played KOTOR.

18. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

We're still seeing the occasional server queue on Jung Ma.

I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. After having some frustration as melee in pvp, I decided to put my sith assassin on the back burner for now and have made a Powertech BH that I'm playing with a couple of friends. I also started an Imperial Agent last night. Both classes are a lot of fun, so far.

At some point, I want to play a couple of Republic alts. I'm not sure if I'm going to find endgame fun at all. If not, I plan to at least play a few more characters through their stories before hanging it up. This is one of the few MMOs I've played where I genuinely enjoy the journey.

19. sojourner

^At the rate bioware may be adding content it may be a while before you hang it up. A new planet is coming in 1.1.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yeah. It's still bad.

I Snatched my Legacy there during Early Access and left for Ajunta Pall and haven't gone back since. There have been times when I've thought about it, go to the server screen, and find that it's the only one on the list with a queue.

The problem is Bioware didn't allow for any RP-PvP guild allocation. So all the pre-launch RP-PvP guilds decided to pick that one the Monday before early access, and that was a helluva lot of people.

I just hope they don't fall into that trap of continuously adding new content and not fixing the stuff they already have.

The two endgame Ops should be fixed before they add any new ones.

Though I admit the giant Huttmobile does look kinda cute.