How Do You Feel About Driving?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by scotpens, Sep 10, 2013.

?

How Do You Feel About Driving?

1. I enjoy driving. For me, driving is a pleasurable activity in its own right.

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. I don't mind driving, but I'd just as soon let someone else drive or use public transportation.

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. I generally dislike driving and do so only when no practical alternative transporation is available.

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. I don't drive at all, don't need to, and don't want to.

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Same here. I get carsick on all but the straightest, smoothest freeway trips unless I'm doing the driving.

Having the right passenger on the back of a motorcycle can be even more fun.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkoZZ63ZkM[/yt]

(Yeah, like how often does that happen in real life?)

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate driving. However, I don't really fit into the poll options, because I don't take public transit even though it is available. I did take public transit for a few years to get to work and school, and I hated it. I highly value my privacy and personal space. But the biggest reason I hated it was the amount of time it took. A huge chunk of my day was just traveling back and forth between work and home on a bus. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like it was sucking my life away from me.

Right now, I could drive to work in 15 minutes, or ride a bus that takes almost an hour...since my job allows me to afford my car, its not a difficult choice for me.

Also, I hated the idea of having to plan my life around bus schedules. My hours at work, what time I woke up in the morning, when I ate lunch and dinner, everything had to revolve around bus schedules. It was weighing me down.

So, even though I really don't enjoy driving at all, I consider it better than the alternative. I am a very independent person, so I NEED to know that I can get in my car and go wherever I want to at this very moment. I don't feel comfortable or at ease depending on a transportation system. It just brings me added anxiety, and I already have plenty of that!

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Many years ago when I was at college and before I could drive. It took me 3 buses to get home or 2 hours (and the last one ran only every couple of hours. So I either had to wait or walk the last 3.25miles. Once I could drive it was more like 30mins, it was no contest.

4. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

It only takes one to make it worth, tho.

5. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I strongly dislike driving, and only do it when there's really no other way. It's a chore, it's annoying, and it's only very rarely quicker or more convenient than using my bicycle or public transport.

eta: an auto-driving car would only solve some of the problems I have with driving though.