Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

While I agree that Chloe and Clark are better off as just friends now, and Lois is gradually growing on me, I wouldn't mind one more episode dealing with them in a "more than friends" way. Mindwhammy, AU or angry makeup sex, whatever.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh god.

I was sure I had a one tree hill themed dream last night, since I've been working my way through season 3 the last couple days, but Lana Lang somehow got meshed up in the mash of my subconscious in a positive way, I think in this dream, I might have even been in love with her since I did open this thread preparing to spew more venom in the usual ways but the aftershadow of last nights dreamings has left me with a faint repose alongside this embarrassing pitter patter in my heart and pants towards one young Miss Lana Lang.

What a revolting development.

Don't worry, I'm never in love for longer than 5 minutes.

I'll get back to you when my personality has properly normalized against what passes for reality, which is great shades of Red Dwarf back to reality vs pulling to a stop in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy's own Heart of Gold, no?

I'm thinking about how nice her bottom looks right now.

This has to stop!

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they could alternate between that and the Chlocutus relationship every other week.

:p

Seriously though, I think for the sake of closure and to move both characters forward, they should re-examine what lies beyond their friendship one final time... Or consider what could've been, had their lives gone a bit differently. And I'm not talking about an alternate reality or a dream or anything like that... More like the two of them getting stuck or trapped somewhere and being forced to examine their underlying feelings for one another.

Never happen I know, but I'm saying that it should.

4. Guy Gardener

Does Clark have under lying feelings?

It seems that every though and feeling he has is immediately expressed like a town crier. When every he figures out the obvious 1/2 an hour after even the thickest children at home viewing rapt for some one to strip down to their under wear, Clark gets all righteously indignant, arrogant and speechy.

I always liked it how Lex had that "calm down, don't strain yourself" look reserved for when he was being talked down to by farm boy half a decade his junior.

Max Mercury called it the psychological condition the Single Synapse therum. Though to action, no middle ground.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, something that hasn't been considered on the topic of Chloe/Clark is what does DC have to say about it. DC is known for being very protective of their properties when it comes to TV/Film, especially when it comes to Superman. NX, can go into more details, but DC can nix anything they see and counter to what they want in the character.

Maybe it is not necessarily the writers shying away from the Clark/Chloe relationship, but it is DC nixing those ideas.

Thoughts?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

What would DC care about a television show that is about a young Clark Kent growing up lol? He's not even Superman yet and Chloe as I'm dismayed to admit isn't even in DCU proper so I doubt there was some kind of mandate from DC to keep them apart but you never know. I think Clark/Lana has been the writers/showrunners call from the start.

Oh and just an observation...the production trucks were all parked and there were tons of activity at the sudio as I went by on the train this afternoon. Not sure when everyone comes back from their summer hollidays (I'm under the impression that is starts in April and goes until late August).

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I am not a sharer.:klingon:

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

And you may be right. I am just throwing out ideas. I know that DC can have a pretty strong yay/nay on Smallville. From what rumors I have read, they were the ones that kinda forced Jimmy to turn out not to be the real Jimmy to keep things "in line" with the DCU.

But that could be just online conspiracy theory.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I don't blame you. It's hard to think of sharing the Chlovage with anyone else.

:evil:

And anyways, since the CW isn't asking us...

:lol:

10. Guy Gardener

Young, DC has veto powers, they can send back scripts and delay the process, something they barely do, but it has been done, they do get tetchy over some fine points now and then.

On a completely different matter, I'm thinking back to when Chloe first mentioned Jimmy and that he had misplaced her virginity with her, and honestly I just assumed that young Jimmy was reimagined age appropriate.... What if he had been half her age? Or at least he was 13 and she was 18, which happens now and then... 17 and 11?

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

I think you lost me on that last part there, Guy. Are you suggesting that the Chlovage was robbing the cradle?

:eek:

12. Guy Gardener

Name once other that Jimmy has "consecutively" been the same age as Superman? There have been blips where he's aged for one reason or another briefly, but hush.

There was a cause for a raised eye brow before we were assured that everything was above board and barely legal.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Insanely cute is an acurate description. We just watched Allison's movie You over the weekend and it was kinda cool seeing her act as an entirely different character. I can honestly say that I didn't see her as Chloe but as Quincy, the role she plays from age 16 to about 25.

And yes, she was insanely cute. That line popped into my head while we were watching the film.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I just saw her in Honey We Shrunk Ourselves over the weekend - it was on TV.

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That was pre-Smallville, correct?

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't even know she was in it.

I've never seen it--no desire to ... Until now Muhwahahah!

17. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

18. CorporalClegg

It sounds like it might be Major Stupid.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm curious to see just how they plan to fit the events of 'Zod' into this new incarnation.

20. CorporalClegg

Well, if what the article says is true, then this guy is a younger version of the "Zod" Zod. If that makes sense.
    :crazy: