Emilia Clarke cast as Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doubleohfive, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see the problem.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I like the misspelling, distances it from the original, maintains some dignity.

I remember when this gorilla was cast in the latest Die Hard turd. Beating out Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. Aaron Paul would also make for a far better Kiyal Rhys.

I could be overrating Aaron Paul. He has plenty of potential to embarrass himself in the upcoming Need for Speed. One part Fast and Furious ripoff, one part video game license? Good luck bro, I'm pulling for ya!

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well the first pics of Arnold's Terminator are out, with what surprisingly appears to be gray hair. Not really sure I buy the "aged skin" idea, but I guess it's the best explanation they could have come up with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erminator-Genesis-brunette-Emilia-Clarke.html

With an older Arnold, a different Sarah Conner, and all the time travel stuff going on, this movie has the potential to be a huge, confusing mess. So here's hoping they figured everything out and have a really strong script to work from...

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

... So we're not all being punked? This is actually happening?

I... uh... okay, I guess... <sigh>... :p

5. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

The way I see it is if the infiltrator terminators were made to be so realistic that they can sweat, smell, and bleed, then it's likely that the biological component can age as well. It seems a lot less farfetched than most elements of Terminator.

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jai Courtney, an actor so bad he can ruin a movie in stills.

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If she's 14, a lot of people here have to delete her boobs from their hard drives.

9. Professor Zoom

In that photo, she certainly looks like she's 14. You had better start deleting, just in case.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm glad Arnie is sporting grey hair. He doesn't look good with that bad dye job he has been sporting.

Also, Emilia Clarke is 27 which is only one year younger than Linda Hamilton was when she played the part of Sarah Connor.

11. Guy Gardener

She's four foot nine.

Some people foolishly mistake that for juvenilessence.

Okay, so maybe you're half right, so then maybe I should go through my collection and photoshop out one of her boobs, so that I'll only be in half as much shit when Johnny law catches up with me?

Although?

Should I get rid of lefty or righty?

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who's kinda starting to feel a bit bad for Arnold? I realize he's a multimillionaire and doesn't need our sympathy, but it's still seems sad that every movie he's headlined since he came back has just been a complete bomb.

Even if the movies themselves haven't been any good, you'd think the nostalgia factor alone would be enough to make up for that, considering he's, you know, a freakin icon. But nope, audiences clearly have just completely lost interest in the guy (even more so than Sly or Bruce or any of those other 80s stars). It seems like the Terminator franchise is the only real hope he has left anymore.

13. Guy Gardener

As revenge, he should do a four hour version of Richard the Third for us.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Not only that, but she looks tiny when standing next to Arnold. I'm sure on her own, in action, she'll come off as older. But in a still photo, standing next to giant, old Arnold, yeah, she's going to look like a kid.

15. Guy Gardener

On Game of thrones, no one thinks that she is a child, well actually there's a 70 year old tyrant who only calls her a child, but you can get over your preconceptions once you acclimatize.

If it helps, and this will help, on Futurama (where she was a voice actress), she's bumping uglies with Zoidberg.

In fact, they're probably married by now.

Here's the real problem.

After the movie, you might decide that if this is what you like, that from now on you need to date incredibly short women.

(Google says that Emilia is 5 foot 1 and 3/4 inches.)

16. Professor Zoom

I don't care how old she ACTUALLY is... I'm responding to how she looks in the photo. Like a 14 year old girl. She looks short. She looks young.

The Sarah Connor I think of, when I think of Sarah Connor, is either Linda Hamilton from T2 or from the TV show. Someone who looks like they know how to hold a gun.

17. Guy Gardener

Optics have very little to do with facts.

18. Professor Zoom

True. They have everything to do with opinion. Which, factually, is all that I'm offering.

19. Guy Gardener

Which is why that was me agreeing with you.

I assumed the Terminatrix from movie three had a Guillotine in her crotchellary area.

Some idiot tries to rape her, or she's on a sexy spy mission, penis goes in, and penis stays in, and then its sent through pneumatic tubes to wherever the trash compactor inside her is hiding and...

A male Terminator on the other hand, on a sexy spy mission, I suppose he could be raped, it's possible, unlikely but possible... Can you remember/imagine how an industrial holepunch works at an ironworks forge?

It's not that this function would ever be used, it's just contemptuous that the machines think so little of us that such features would have to be included into their murder machines because even statistically, we are incomprehensibly depraved.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be a new one. Like, perhaps it should be illegal to feel attracted to, and have sexual relations with someone who only LOOKS like below legal age. Because when you feel attracted to someone who is 24, but looks 14, you're a creepy pedo-pervert.