Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:confused: Wait, the term "adamantium" was not nor can be used to describe Cap's shield?

2. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Cap's shield is vibranium and FOX has the rights to adamantium because of Woverine/X-Men, so no.

Adamantium was supposed to be created in experiments trying to recreate vibranium, so I suppose they could create something else, like "really tough-ium" in movie continuity if they want an indestructible Ultron.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure Marvel didn't invent the word "adamantium" nor used it as a term for a strong metal alloy first, so I don't see how it could be exclusive to the X-Men.

In fact, looking it up, not only am I right about that, but the metal made its first Marvel appearance in an Avengers comic, referring to Ultron.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

The Iron Man suits are as strong as the plot requires - there seems to be some drift certainly between the first film and the third - and that can all be explained away a million different ways. I imagine the construction of Ultron will be the same way.

5. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

They can always go with Badassium

[​IMG]

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Gold-titanium alloys are rather brittle anyway, not that a person could do much to a sheet of it by hand, but one average strength adult could sledge hammer it to a lot of tiny pieces just fine. It certainly couldn't stop a high powered bullet.

So they aren't going for any kind of realism to start with, they'll make up whatever name sounds about right and give it whatever properties the plot needs.

Hell even making him out of Ultronium or whatever new element Tony makes in all his spare time.

7. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

"Ultronium". I approve of that name.

8. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Well filming's wrap I hope we can get a trailer by Christmas.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

He make a new TV show! I need some Joss Whedon TV in my life.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Dr. Horrible 2!

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Or that! That would also be good.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Of course, the Dr. Horrible sequel is just a palate cleanser before he starts on Avengers 3.:cool:

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Doctor Horrible is one of the few well known Joss Whedon helmed projects I've never watched (along with that weird Shakespeare adaptation he did). I've never had the slightest desire to watch Neil Patrick Harris sing for 45 minutes, and even Nathon Fillion can't make it something that looks worth my time :shrug: If Joss Whedon has some free time between Avengers movies, I'd like to see him work on some comics. I loved his Astonishing X-Men and Runaways runs, and it would cool to see him do at least a mini-series for Marvel.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I can't tell if you like Shakespeare or not from your post, but if you do I highly recommend seeing Joss' adaption of "Much Ado About Nothing." It's only weird in the sense that it's a modernized adaption, it's extremely faithful though and also pretty fun.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I meant it was weird in that it seemed like a weird thing for him to do. When it comes to Shakespeare, I can't stand it (I have no ability to decipher what they called "english" in his day, Shakespeare plays are basically done in an alien language). I'd probably like (or at least give a chance to)the stories if someone translated them into a language I could understand :lol: Actually, years ago in school we read hamlet, which wasn't too confusing, but it seems like its the exception. If Whedon did a Shakespeare based movie translated to modern english, i'd give it a chance, but I'm definitely not going to watch a normal Shakespeare movie, regardless of setting, unless it is at least kind enough to put modern english subtitles, like almost every movie released in america in a foreign language does :lol:

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Joss Whedon and his actor friends have been regularly getting together and doing Shakespeare for years. "Much Ado About Nothing" was finally his chance to put it on film. The first ten minutes were hard for me because it was just such an odd thing to watch (black and white AND Shakespearean dialogue took some getting used to), but once it got going I really got into it. It was hilarious.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Reading Shakespeare is harder than understanding it performed. The meaning is normally quite comprehensible.

I do, however, think there's a lot of rubbish talked about it - I don't see it as being as fantastic as it's cracked up to be. There's a lot of 'the king's new clothes' about the fawning.

And I really hate it performed in modern settings to show how 'relevant' it still is. Swiping the story like 10 Things I Hate About You is fine, but Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet's a joke.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Whedon's version is worth watching for Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof. They are both fantastic.

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I love Romeo+Juliet. About as good a modern adaptation as ever was.

I personally wasn't over the moon for Whedon's "Much Ado" but I have much fondness for Brannaugh's, and I've performed in it twice myself, so I come to it with some baggage.