Heroes 3x24 "I Am Sylar" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 20, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

23.6%
  2. Above Average

40.0%
  3. Average

20.0%
  4. Below Average

9.1%
  5. Poor

7.3%
  1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. V

V Commodore Commodore

when will season 4 start?

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

October 21st

4. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the episode, although it does kind of feel like they're trying to cram in as much stuff as they can now... but I guess they've got a lot of wasted time to make up for. I can't imagine how they'll wrap up everything by next week in a completely satisfying manner, but I'd imagine a number of the plot threads will continue into next season.

Some random musings: Sylar was put to good use tonight. I have sometimes thought that he has served very little purpose since Season 1, and has been at times inconsistently written (but then again, hasn't everyone on this show?). This episode somewhat addressed those issues, and I think Sylar is a more fascinating and multi-layered character now.

Hiro and Ando are still a little too goofy at times, but at least they're no longer stuck babysitting or stopping weddings. :rolleyes: And they finally touched upon the issues between the two of them which have been present for a while now, but not really spoken about (I would have preferred they go into greater detail, maybe even bring up the whole "Ando kills Hiro in the future" thing, but this was decent). Also, it looks like their storyline will be a bit less cheery for the rest of the season... which I know is just one episode, but maybe it will be one of the things that will probably continue into next season.

Not much activity on the Petrelli/Bennett front this week, but it looks like there'll be plenty of action for everyone next week.

Looking forward to the finale!

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I swear I thought I paid attention to this show, but when did Hiro get his powers back? I thought Baby Matt Parkman only made him flip him and off and gave him no control over it.

6. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

Baby Matt turned on his time stopping powers, but not anything else.

7. FreezeC77

I thought Baby Matt was just a catalyst enabling him to do it when he used his powers on Hiro. I didn't realize Hiro had regained them permanently.

8. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    well.... shades of norman bates... and quite as insane I believe as well....

9. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Oh my. He is really really warped. Having a conversation with himself and changing. Wow.

That's just so disturbing! But an awesome idea on the part of the writer.

10. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Looks like Sylar is having doubts about his position and what he has done.

11. Lt. Trull

I still think there should be some sorta alfred shower sequence.

12. SG-17

So Sylar has to absorb other people's DNA before he can shapeshift into them? I bet if he does not learn to manage all of those different "people" it will lead to his downfall.

13. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

this one's actually pretty darned good.

oh, and I caught the trek trailer!!:techman:

14. SG-17

It looks like Baby Touch and Go's powers only have a temporary effect. Though can't Ando "supercharge" abilities? So would he be able to "recharge" Hiro?

He either missed, or Sylar is immune to that now.

15. FreezeC77

haha, he shifted his brain around i guess.

16. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

very tense...I spent the whole damn episode worried about Nathan. :(

17. Lt. Trull

Off with his head.

18. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Very good tonight. A fun ride.

Hopefully they can stop these relationship circles. People siding up and splitting and then pairing with someone else. Next week looks like there is more of that.

19. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just found out on another forum the guy Sylar killed tonight was Clint Howard. I thought he looked familiar.

20. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm thinking that the best way to take out Sylar would be to combine Baby Start n' Stop's power with Ando's. We know that it can be transmitted through a physical medium, because the baby stopped a car through his carseat, and a truck, too. It just doesn't have much range. Supercharge it with the Crimson Arc and it could tramsmit through the ground over a very large area. Since being zapped is painful and likely traumatic, off would be the default, resulting in an extremely powerful anti-technology/anti-superpower bomb. Nathan and Peter could avoid it by flying, and they could carry some people, but Sylar would be depowered unless he jumped at exactly the right second. And every electronic device in DC would be incapacitated, most likely permenantly, or for the next few years, until Baby Matt is old enough to understand reason. But replacing every electronic device in DC would be a great boost to the economy, so that might not be bad.