Voyager rebooted as a movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 17, 2012.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking of the Lost In Space movie from 1998, and that Voyager could be given a similar reboot telling a quick version of their whole story in about two hours.

Voyager gets stranded across the galaxy in persuit of a Maquis ship. They pick up Neelix, they liberate a sexy Borg drone and get home, all while learning to work alongside their former rivals the Maquis.

If such a movie were ever made (not likely I know, but this is just a bit of fun), would you be interested?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

In playing a starring role in it? Yes.

Oh and to answer seriously.. is JJ doing this movie?!?!

3. F. King Daniel

Ok, spill it. Which big time actress are you, teacake??

I didn't give any thought to who would direct, or continuity or anything like that. I imagined it as a totally stand-alone movie.

4. teacake

I'm secretly Polly Walker. Remember that long gap when I wasn't posting on the forum? That was my Caprica year.

And yes I would love to watch a stand alone VOY movie because "I would love to watch" is my answer to any new Trek question. Casting would be crucial though.. more crucial to me than the reboot casting was when I first heard about it. But I'm sure it could be done and not just done but improved upon. I've never been a fan of Beltran's acting and I'd love to see Chakotay given the punch so many wanted out of the character with better, smouldering, attractive acting.

OMG. Can we have Matt Smith as the EMH??

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You will work around his work on Doctor Who or else.

6. teacake

This will, of course, be after he regenerates.

7. Guy Gardener

STOP PICKING ON ME!

8. teacake

.. you've just got this bit of food on your chin

9. Guy Gardener

Well, I'm not hungry, so if you have the plumbs to pluck it off, you're more than welcome to whatever feast you can gather off my chin.

10. teacake

HOLD STILL.

Ianto. The hose please.

11. Guy Gardener

Never trust a dude who can rap his hose around his waist and stick it in his ear.

12. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Could they not pick up Kes and not Neelix? Then maybe have Harry KIA during transit or by the Caretaker? :lol:

It would be an interesting idea, though not sure how you could fit in everything to a two hour film, which may mean (shock and horror) that Seven would have to be left out!

Who would you want cast in the roles though? How might they differ from their series versions?

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe I just "don't get it" but I never understood the popular desire for reboots and retellings of the same stories? I'd rather see something new and original that I don't have preconceived notions of and might not be able to guess how it ends right away.

15. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

No, no, no!
    And no again!

I sincerely hope that I never have to see Voyager rebooted as a movie. The thought of seeing other actors than Mulgrew, Lien, Beltran and the others is totally out of the question for me.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    No. Thank you.

17. laika

laika Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I would love to see a VOY movie...the only character I could not handle seeing a dif actor play would be Janeway. However, I think I'd like to see Voyager in a different, new story, as in, not a retelling of the series.

18. F. King Daniel

I'm not sure I can describe it adequetely. Seeing the same stories retold, or new versions of them, really appeals to me. Rather than have something I like fade away and be forgotten, I like seeing what another production team's interpretation of the characters and world is like. It also gives the characters a bit of immortality. That they're bigger than the actors who portrayed them originally.

But isn't a different actor playing the part the same as, say, the different interpretations we already get of the characters in the novels? No two writers see them the same. I've read about Spocks who hide raging emotions behind a veil of calm, and ones who barely remember what feelings are like.

Heck, no two Voyager TV writers wrote Janeway the same, and it showed!:lol:

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well this is the best selling point for a Voyager movie. A good chance of Janeway being able to act consistently for two hours straight. ;)

20. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd love to watch a Voyager movie. But I'd prefer a new story. And about the cast? Let's be realistic: characters like Kim, Kes, Neelix and Chakotay will be comparatively small roles again if the writers are the same as for the tv show. So I wouldn't mind the same actors...