Breaking News: THE CLONE WARS Has Been Cancelled

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cooleddie74, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I re-read the official announcement again, and it does clearly say that the show will be continuing, but not on Cartoon Network, and has Dave Filoni's video presentation for season six. It appears we have a murky situation right here that still needs to be 100 percent cleared up, although I'm sticking with the LucasAnimation announcement, unless they update it or change it themselves.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What a mess.
    So there will be "more" but it will be feature length and not episodic.... here's how it reads to me:

"Get ready to wait longer for less content!"

i.e:
    Clovis Arc - 2014
    Order 66 Arc - 2015
    Star Wars Episode 7 - 2016

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Deadline article.

Post-ROTJ cartoons? :D

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that they'll release the remaining arcs as direct to DVD movies like they did with the Darth Maul season 4 episodes a few months ago.

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

The ESB-to-ROTJ timeline would also work. Though, a series bridging the gap between E6 & E7 would build audience awareness and interest in what has been happening in the GFFA for the past couple of decades.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were those rumours a couple years ago about a New Jedi Order animated series, with the Big Three reprising their roles, but of course that was just a rumour and we ended up getting the "Detours" announcement instead.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I hope we still get the live-action series to help bridge the 20-year gap between ROTS and ANH....that's my main concern when it comes to small-screen Star Wars productions and the proposal I've been paying the most attention to, although news of any new, ambitious and dramatic animation would get me very excited.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would expect the new show to be ancient history early Republic stuff, since the movies will be post ROTJ. Unless they're talking about the long in gestation inter-trilogy TV show...

9. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, my bet is a KotOR-timeline animated show. Post-RotJ they have too many chances to run into the new trilogy and standalone films.

If Harrison Ford ends up voicing Han in an animated series I'll eat my hat.

10. I think it's pretty clearly going to be either KOTOR, or post ROTJ series with the Big 3 showing what happens in between Episodes 6 and 7.

I suppose the oft rumored Dark Times series (in between PT and OT) could happen. I get the sense though that Lucasfilm is deliberately trying to move away from "prequel era".

Here's a crazy idea though... what if they essentially recreate the Clone Wars but in the OT, by having something like REBEL WARS set in between Episodes 4 and 5? They could fit in a few seasons worth of battles or stories. Would be a good way to ease the world back into thinking of SW as the OT (leading up to the ST).

11. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

This was a complete bullshit move by Disney. It was Disney's decision and no one else's. Clone Wars has been a great show and has a lot of stories left to tell. You would think Disney would want it for its struggling XD network but I guess not because it didn't come out of their corporate headquarters. I can understand wanting to move on to Episode VII by getting rid of certain things but canceling The Clone Wars? That was one of the few things to come out of the prequels that most everyone seemed to like. Don't tell me Disney can't do more than one thing as a time.

Filoni talked about having finished several story arcs and releasing them in the near future. I really do hope we'll get to see those but I don't trust Disney as they've proven they don't give a fuck about this show. They like to pretend that SW didn't exist until they bought it. Unless they can make 100% of the profits off of it of course.

I'm curious as to whether LFL Animation or Disney will be producing this new series. If it's Disney, don't expect it being good. They canceled an awesome show in Avengers EMH (again, because they didn't create it) and have replaced it with Avengers Assemble. I saw a clip of it at the NYCC. It's not fair to judge a show by one three-minute clip but it looked awful. I don't expect much from that series.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You should eat Dave Filloni's, some people can pull that hat off better than others. ;)

13. cooleddie74

I wish I could rock a hat like Dave does. Strong with the Suave Side of the Force he is.

14. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not crazy at all. I'd rank that right up there as a likely guess along with continuing Ahsoka's story, post-Clone Wars, and doing a post-ROTJ series (if needed to keep from stepping on Luke, Leia and Han's movie toes, they could focus on a new set of characters and have the biggies come in for cameo appearances.)

I know zip about KOTOR, but on the assumption that that era is important for merchandise, that's a contender too. Can't forget about selling those toys! ;)

15. cooleddie74

We call them "adult-focused franchise collectibles," thank you very much. ;)

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I will say that cancelling Spectacular Spider-Man in favor of Ultimate Spider-Man was a terrible move. SSPM was by far the best animated Spidey ever! I also really liked Avengers: EMH.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I've heard that Ultimate Spider-Man is awful. That doesn't bode well for whatever this new SW series is IF Disney is the one producing it and I suspect they will be.

18. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

the new series will be Vader hunting the Jedi

19. cooleddie74

A Fugitive-type series with surviving Jedi fleeing Vader and his Stormtroopers would be one of the best and most exciting ideas if you ask me.

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

As intiguing as that premise sounds, I image that they'll go for something a little more kid-friendly.