Fringe Pre-Season 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Procutus, Jul 11, 2012.

?

What is your favorite season of Fringe so far?

1. Season 1

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Season 2

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Season 3

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  4. Season 4

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

I figured since Fringe is going to be a presence once again at Comic-Con, this is a good time for a warm-up thread to discuss what comes out of Comic-Con, and other news as we creep closer to the premier on September 28. The premier title 'Transilence Thought Unifier Model-11' is enough to generate a few pages of discussion.

:lol:

I'm psyched, even though we got over two and a half months until the show returns. I hope that it might be the best season yet.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's gonna be B5 season 5 all over again. A lame telepath war and all of the filler episodes they were going to use in season 3 and 4.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering how the departure of executive producer/co-showrunner Jeff Pinkner will affect the final season.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Good question. When Miller and Gough left Smallville, the show took on a slightly different feel. Could be the case here as well.

5. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I expect it to be the worst, season 4 was already horrible when they got rid of the blue universe and replaced it with the nno peter version that Peter stumbled into. Now they got rid of the red universe and Lincoln and replace it with a stupid future observer war time travel story ... blergh.

The parallel universe story, the doubles of the characters, their different life experiences etc., were what made Fringe interesting, why did they ditch all of that?

I want Walter and Olivia from the blue universe back, I don't care if new Olivia remembers the stuff from before, it's not the same, she's still a different person. I want Bolivia and Walternate back, I want her to have a happy little family with red Lincoln and Henry. I want the characters I fell in love with during the first three seasons, not the crap the writer's threw in my face during season 4 and most likely season 5, I hate what this show has become, HATE IT!:klingon:

6. Enterprise is Great

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Dude, I'm with you on that. I was not overly keen on Season 4 either, but I guess what I was trying to say earlier is that I'm hopeful that since this is the final season, they make some effort to make it memorable and worthy of the mythology that they built up in Seasons 1 to 3. I could be wrong and wouldn't be surprised if I am. Just being optimistic; I always try to view the glass as being half-full.

8. Enterprise is Great

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Thanks for that, EiG! I really, really hope this is indicative that the final season will be truly memorable.

:bolian:

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously don't watch if you haven't seen season 4:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTiAL19rej4[/yt]

11. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

The sad thing is that this doesn't even look bad, but it's almost a new show, except for the Fringe science it has nothing to do with what we saw the last few years.

12. Irvy

Irvy Commander Red Shirt

I really like what Fringe has done over it's 4 seasons. They've given us a show that breaks out of it's own formula as we see successive alternate versions of each character, each one entirely unique and separate from the others, yet each one the same person. Because of that we've seen some spectacular acting, and gone to places no other show could take us.

I'll take this final story, set 20 years in the future over another 13 episodes of chasing monsters of the week from a dusty old lab in Harvard any day.

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

This show has been up and down and up and down and up, but mostly down last year. Truthfully, I'm just ready for it to be over.

14. Enterprise is Great

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Only three writers probably will insure a better continuity for the season, over all. I've got to admit that I'm really looking forward to this, even if it doesn't resemble the Fringe well grew to love in the first three seasons.

16. Enterprise is Great

17. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

From what I've seen of the last four seasons, I'd say that it almost feels like seasons 1-3 are their own seperate arc compared to season 4. I do wish that there were more case-style episodes like we had in the earlier seasons that could tie in to the overall arc of the story.

Season 4 had a lot of emotional impact, which I think is good for the show as it helps the viewers relate to these characters and understand their side of this story.

Though, with the entire timeline shift I wonder what things would have been like if they hadn't changed. Would the Observers still invade? I do really wish that this 'Amber-verse' that we were introduced to in season 4 was another universe and that Peter had found his way back to the blue-verse and the original Olivia in season 4.

I'm going to miss the alternate universe too; I loved all those characters, and there's likely no more Lincoln :(. I think it would have been SO cool if they could have kept the bridge open and had an allied force from both universes to combat the Observers in both universes. That would have been cool.

Does the show suck now? I wouldn't say so. There's still a lot that can be done with this final season, and I for one am looking forward to the Observer invasion/conflict and seeing the world's descent into the Orwellian-style universe we saw in "Letters of Transit".

Though, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that this is not the Fringe we were introduced to in 2008.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Definitely not, but I'd say it's still a good show and I'm really looking forward to the new season. I thought it took a few episodes for Season 4 to get going, but I thought once it did it was just as good as the last couple seasons.

19. Enterprise is Great

20. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Uh-oh, a love letter to the fans... :lol: