Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Exactly why it needs to be cancelled. It has had rotative creating teams on it since Joss left. Warren Ellis did his "Ghost Box" arc on it and then it's just sort of been around. Majorie Lau is the current writer. Astonishing is the book that featured Northstar's wedding.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ah yes, I did hear about the Northstar wedding, but I haven't read the title since Joss left.

3. Admiral_Young

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The concepts for Avengers Arena and Savage Wolverine also seem to lend themselves to limited runs and yet they are supposedly ongoing as well.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was reintroduced to Cammi (Drax the Destroyer's friend/commonlaw-adopted daughter) in Avengers Hunger games last week and I totally forgot how much I enjoyed what a grumpy little asshole she is.

Absolutely no chance of being in the movie.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe Bendis has said AXM is a redemption story for Cyclops. The younger X-Men are just a means towards that.

8. Admiral_Young

Indeed, but using the Original X-Men are still a reason why All New X-Men exists. Gillen set up Scott's redemption story perfectly for Bendis to tell even without the time travel nonsense included in Consequences.

He could have just told the "revolution" story line by itself and that would have been interesting enough. The Original X-Men are the selling point of All New X-Men (especially the "return" of Jean Grey, since Marvel and Bendis started promoting that aspect of it. Anyway, I've said from the start that the premise would make a perfect mini-series.

The Original X-Men are probably going to eventually release that they can't "fix" anything because it would disrupt their own timeline too much and be sent back with a mind wipe, pretty much making this book pointless IMO. Maybe I'm wrong, and that's okay, and perhaps this and Uncanny will eventually lead into whatever it is Marvel is planning for the X-Men's 50th Anniversary later this year.

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

That depends really on if Beast has created an alternate timeline just by the very act of time travel. It might be how he is going to bring Jean back.

10. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am eagerly awaiting the professor and the backup team to travel to the future to find the original team. Great battles await!!

11. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I love All New X-Men. I wish it came out every day.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I really have no interest in young teen Thanos and the angst he feels over his unfullfilled love for Death. Boring.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Eh, Savage Wolverine is a one and done for me. It was pretty dull and uninspired.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How old is Thanos? Teen Thanos could go to earth and party with teen Sylvia Plath?

Circa X-Men #10, when this all happened, who did Chuck have on speed-dial back then?

Amelia Voight?

Storm?

Madrox?

Havok?

Wolverine?

Changeling?

(Oh god) Namor?

or do you mean the first back up team that Krakoa the living island killed before the Professor swept that under the carpet and sent the all new all different X-Men in Giant Sized X-Men #1?

Actually what I think would be hilarious is that Magneto follows the kids into the future because he has every inch of the the school wired, only to be disgusted by himself.

" ...But you destroyed New York, that was good."

"That wasn't me. Just some idiot pretending to be me."

HA! I know why Jean is a telepath!

The professor installed timelocks rather than outright locks when he IN CANON he turned off her telepathy because she was too young to handle it... So it's like putting the clocks forward a couple hours.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Sorry to quote myself twice in one post, but I have something to add to both of these statements.

Indestructable Hulk. Three issues in and they have all been done-in-ones, and they have all been very good reads. I would highly recommend it to a new or returning reader.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Just how long ago did the X-Men form in current continuity. I can understand Scott being confuse by a Map phone ap, but by bottle water? And why is he staring at the mohawk guy? The 70s were over 30 years ago, his dad might have sported a mohawk.

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Isn't it somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 years have passed in the Marvel Universe since the "beginning" with the Fantastic Four's accident?

18. Nerys Myk

Even if Scott is from 1993, I think he'd know what bottled water is and had seen a guy with a mohawk. Surely they had TV in the orphanage and at Xavier's.

19. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember people staring at people with mohawks up into the early eighties. But then again colorado was not on the front lines of what was hip then.

20. Nerys Myk

Mohawks would have been unusual then. Ten or fifteen years later, not so much.