WIP Sagittarius Class Starship

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by erifah, Jan 10, 2013.

1. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Hat tip to GalacticWierdo.

[​IMG]

2. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Looks cool!

Looking at the other curvatures all around the hull, the naceles´ front looks to much abrupt. I think that making the nacele´s front with a curvature a bit longer could make the design to flow better. Just a suggestion. ;)

3. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Yes, I would normally have agreed with you, but... this is based on GalacticWierdo's simple yet elegantly brilliant Sagittarius design, and it also has that blunt front:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197800

[​IMG]

In fact, I had originally made my version much more bulbous, like you suggested, and I was in the middle of reshaping it ever so slightly, when I accidentally chopped it almost all off. (Thank God the dude who gave me my circumcision at birth wasn't so ham-handed. Or maybe he was... that could explain a LOT.)

But before I hit "undo", I looked at it, and compared it to GalacticWierdo's original, and I realized that it was much more true to what he was going for, and I said, "OK, I'm just going to leave it this way." It almost reminds me of the headlights they had on the 1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Convertible:

[​IMG]

(Besides, it's a nice change of pace from all these warp nacelles that look like dogs' penises!")

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your design looks good to me :)

5. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Minor updates.

(You can tell it's heading back from whatever perilous & exciting adventure it was on, because it's facing the other way.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

I like how your worked the delta shield into the nacelles. :-)