Intrepid Updates

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by USS Intrepid, Aug 21, 2011.

1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

2. USS Intrepid

Production continues on our next episode, Dissonant Minds. Last weekend saw cast and crew unite to shoot the planetside scenes in Tentsmuir Forest, a short drive from the city of Dundee.

At this point, we only have several scenes left to shoot, and expect principal photography to be completed before the year is out. Post-production will likely continue throughout 2013, but it's far too early to speculate on release dates just yet. It's worth noting that while Dissonant Minds won't be perfect, I'm confident it'll be our most professional-looking release to date.

And talking of releases, The Stone Unturned, which has been gathering dust on various harddrives for the last 2 years is finally nearing the finish line. It's been no secret that there were significant issues with the dialogue track (more than half of the the audio was completely unusable) and we've been struggling to organise time to loop Picard actor Giles Aston's dialogue.

I'm happy to report that were able to schedule this a few months back, and all of Giles' ADR work is in hand. We're still waiting to loop a few lines from other cast, but those are expected to be in hand in shortly. Episode composer, Bodo Hartwig also assures me he will be available to work on the score very soon, so it's looking likely that The Stone Unturned will be released before the year is out

For those who may be so inclined, you can check out our Facebook page for some photos from the recent shoot. it's also the best place to keep up with news on the production.

3. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Awesome. I've missed having new Intrepid episodes. How many episodes are still in production/post-production?

4. USS Intrepid

At this precise moment we have one episode in production (Dissonant Minds), one vignette in post (Nemo Me Impune Lacessit) and one episode nearing completion (The Stone Unturned).

We also have another episode we shot a few scenes for (The Conviction of Demons) but is currently on hold while I do a pretty much complete rewrite.

I also have a first draft of another script that's sitting waiting for me to have time to work on some more, which will likely be the next full episode, and a short script from Steve Hammond which we'll probably shoot next year.

And we have a couple of original projects we're chipping away at. There really aren't enough hours in the day.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  5. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

I am looking forward to seeing your hard work when it is done.

6. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

7. USS Intrepid

Thanks Serek. :)

Some nice FX work there captainkirk. I especially like the TOS Kelvin credits. You did all those with Blender?

8. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I'll be looking forward to anything you guys put out. Speaking strictly for myself I'm also hoping that we can find some way to bring some of the Intrepid voices to Excelsior. There are some interesting opportunities coming up in season 4! ;)

9. USS Intrepid

Give me a shout some time and we can chat about it. Really depends what you need.

10. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I'll mention it to James and let things roll from there! In the meantime, keep going!

11. USS Intrepid

The IP thread reminded me of this. A few years ago, a company called Duke Video interviewed us for a straight to DVD documentary called A Trekker's Guide. It was supposed to be a guide to Star Trek fans, but actually ended up being mostly about our fanfilm. It's predictably cheap, and I have a sneaking suspicion it didn't sell very well. I imagine anyone who bought it would have been somewhat disappointed. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekkers-Gu...=sr_1_20?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1349810604&sr=1-20

(Mods, I'm not sure if this violates the no solicitation rule, I'm not promoting it, but I'll understand if you need me to delete the link.) :)

12. Linnear

Linnear Lieutenant Commander

Well, you know they send, any Press is good press!

Alec

13. USS Intrepid

I dunno, I figure people actually have to see it for it to be considered press. ;)

14. USS Intrepid

In recognition of our (admittedly measly, but it pleased me) reaching 500 likes on Facebook, I've posted a little sneak peek at our next episode.

If anyone's interested, they can check it out on the aforementioned Facebook page. And thank you to everyone who has 'liked' us so far, it's much appreciated. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Trek-Intrepid/166890306664251

15. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

16. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I shared the vid on my FB gallery page as well. nice to see that this is still alive

17. USS Intrepid

Thanks Sean!

18. Linnear

Linnear Lieutenant Commander

Shared on my timeline as well!

Looking good!

Alec

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

The sneak preview was awesome, Nick! Well done.

20. USS Intrepid

In fairness, all I did here was show up and deliver my lines. :)

Thanks guys. And Alec, appreciate the share. :)