Wipeout - The Guilty Pleasure show of the Summer

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tomalak301, May 28, 2009.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone else watch the premiere tonight? I know it's pretty much for the lowest common denominator and it's your typical summer series, but I love it. I get the same reaction from this as I did with Fear Factor (Another series it seemed like no one liked because of the gross out moments, even though that was only part of the episode and a very small part) in that part of the show is supposed to be funny, and then when it comes down to it and you get to the final few people, it becomes compitition and it's quite exciting. Love what they've done to improve the obsticle course and the new Wipeout Zone is indeed tough. Also, who doesn't think Jill Wagner is hot. Oh man, that's enough of a reason to watch. :drool:

2. Roberto

Roberto Lieutenant Red Shirt

I enjoy watching Wipeout, it's fun to watch people wipeout and land face first after they go head over heels.
    Jill is hot even when she is stuffing cookie balls in her mouth and has chocolate all over her teeth.
    I like the new obstacles but I miss the Dizzy Dummy and Dreadmill/Wrecking Ball.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't watch this premiere but I did watch it last season. It was alright...it's one of those shows that you don't really like but can't seem to stop watching. There were some funny parts and some boring parts.

I also watched it because it aired along with I Survived a Japanese Game Show, which I watched because I went to high school with one of the contestants. Is that show on again too?

As for Fear Factor, I actually enjoyed the first season of it. After that it quickly went downhill into being all about boobs and eating gross things.

4. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

This show has me laughing my ass of for an hour. I absolutely LOVE this show.

5. Dave.Bowman

Dave.Bowman Ensign Newbie

I too watched the premiere and laughed out loud for most of the show - it may be stupid, but it is entertaining! I really want to see someone get across all four of those balls . . . I think they engineered them simply to get people into the water as quickly and humorously as possible.

6. tomalak301

Probably, but it has been done before.

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just reminded of a great wipeout from last season that was very memorable. The man slipped on the first ball and his legs separated - he was basically doing the splits. Oh my god it looked so painful. Made me flinch every time, even though they replayed it over and over.

8. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Has this show improved since last summer's pilot? That felt like a bad, unfunny MXC ripoff.

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watch it with my 7 year old son and we both love it, it's just mindless, goofy entertainment.

10. tomalak301

Couldn't tell you. Never really saw the pilot.

11. Roberto

Roberto Lieutenant Red Shirt

LOL, the new hurdle (hurt-le) seem to have replaced the big balls as the main nut cruncher obstacle.

12. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Guilty is right. I saw the commercials and thought how stupid it looked, but my wife wanted to watch it and I found myself unable to look away.

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hrm, is it episodic or are the contestants there season long?

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like a ripoff of MXC!

15. tomalak301

It's episodic

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen it a few times when it happened to be on while I was at the gym, but I don't make an effort to watch at home. And Jill Wagner IS hot.

The networks are desperate to find cheap successful programming. At least this is a game show and not a reality show.

I wanted to be on Double Dare when I was a kid. :)

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I kinda want to run the course...

18. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been on in the UK for the last few months. I watched the first one then lost interest, I'm afraid. Even Richard Hammond couldn't lure me back in.

19. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

It frightens me.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It looks fun to me.