The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Actually, this is day four....
    [​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Three. Four. Whichever. As long as the pictures are funny and awesome I don't care. :D

Fine piece of work, good lad.

Belloq versus Wolverine? That won't last long.

3. OdoWanKenobi

No, I don't imagine it will. :lol: Things are going to escalate quickly around here. I'm not sure Picard and Treebeard can hold off what is to come.

4. cooleddie74

It's almost like a feverish dream I had once. Only no dragons or Bajoran women in spaghetti string bikinis.

Don't ask.

5. OdoWanKenobi

This sounds like an amazing dream. :techman:

6. cooleddie74

You have no idea.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Awesome news! My Hot Toys Captain America has shipped and I will have it Wednesday. Bad news, Black Widow is delayed until the end of January. Oh well. Cap is coming soon! Yay!

8. cooleddie74

Scored a handful of older Star Wars figures at the local toy shop a few hours ago. They're from slightly older lines dating back to 2007 but still top-notch figures all around and on par with most of what we're getting now.

4 x loose Pit Droids from the 30th Anniversary (TAC) line Saga Legends two-packs
    1 x red R-3PO Hoth protocol droid, the super articulated version from a Battle Pack or another set a few years back
    1 x Hoth Biker Scout in all-white armor deco from one of the Hoth Imperial forces Battle Packs

9. OdoWanKenobi

10. cooleddie74

Sweeeeet nectar.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

OdoWan was that the "Young Justice" Robin in your pic last page?

12. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, and in this page, too. He's up there choking Kilowog. The 6 inch Young Justice figures were awesome. I wish we had been able to complete the team. I also wish they weren't so expensive.

13. Admiral_Young

I was debating about picking up him and Young Justice Batman, which look tremendous but they're always sold out at the comic shop. Might have to order them online.

14. cooleddie74

The very first 2013 Star Wars LEGO set in the brand new green Yoda packaging - the Rancor Pit - has been found at a Toys "R" Us for $64.99.

[​IMG]

The first basic action figures of the new year shouldn't be all that far behind if the LEGOs are starting to surface. It makes one wonder what new and cool stuff might pop up at retail before New Year's Day.

15. Admiral_Young

I really do like the Yoda packaging better than last year's Maul packaging for some reason, perhaps it's the colour scheme?

Well...the wait possibly might be over and my long mission finally coming to an end. I just saw on Diamond Select's facebook page that they uploaded images of the revision of the Electronic Enterprise-D and that it will be out next month. I noticed as well that Big Bad Toy Store once again revise their release date for the Enterprise-E for I think a June release? First time that such a significant push back date was named (they'd been doing it basically month by month until now. It looks like we're finally going to get the E-E revision finally released next year!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  16. cooleddie74

While I like Darth Maul's creepy look and image on a lot of the 2012 packaging the color scheme doesn't work as well as the new, green 2013 design. All that green is just more pleasing to the eye than the red, black and blue Darth Maul boxes and cardbacks from this past year.

One of the most visually pleasing packaging designs in the modern line was the 2000-2002 Power of the Jedi look that was awash in greens and yellows. It just looked so good hanging on store pegs after a year and a half of all that harsh, lifeless red and black Episode I packaging.

17. OdoWanKenobi

Ooh yeah, I loved that POTJ packaging. The new ones for 2013 look really nice, too. Certainly better than the Maul look for this year. I wish Legos weren't so expensive. That looks like a pretty fun set.

Moving along:
    [​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

Where's our buddy J. Allen when we need him? He's got to see this latest update....he'll squee!

:)

[​IMG]

19. Admiral_Young

I wonder if he knows about the IDW comics? :) Apparently they're selling like hot cakes.

20. cooleddie74

The Pony comics? Oh, yeah, I'm almost certain he does. J.'s on top on all the latest Pony news.

He's got his finger on the "mane" pulse of the franchise.