Star Trek Teaser - Grading and Disscusion

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by EyalM, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

looks like John Cho is the oh nvm their going in alphabetical order, but then why is eric Bana at the bottom?

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

He's a "with".

3. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know, after yesterday's hoopla with the pic, finding out that the money shot of the trailer is the picture released yesterday, it's kind of a let down.

4. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eric Bana is the biggest 'Name' (I think he's bigger than Ryder at this moment in time). That's why he's listed separately under "with"...Nimoy is listed separately for obvious reasons.

5. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

FYI, I just started a separate post about the movie credits.

I was mainly surprised about Winona Ryder placement into the movie credits because I thought that her role was more minor and not because of her level of fame.

6. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With previous movies, there was a definite pecking order in the cast. Looks like that has changed but they've kept the "biggest star in a major role" bit until last. McDowell and Shatner in the case of Generations, Christopher Plummer in The Undiscovered Country and Ricardo Montalban for The Wrath of Khan.

7. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, colour me teased.

8. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

I dug that part, it was my favorite aspect of the whole trailer. I've always had a soft spot for Trek (and future sci-fi in general) that looked to the future with details from past. Kirk's antique glasses, breaking a champagne bottle on the hull, I love that type of thing.

9. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree about the anachronisms used in "Star Trek".

Except this time, given the apparent theme of the teaser, perhaps the welders were meant to be laborers from the 1960s rather than from the from the future. The workers from one era contructing the new future and all.

But let's be honest, the whole payoff is the glimpse of the Enterprise. We already knew there was going to be a movie. What we wanted was to "see a bit of ankle." And that's what we got.

10. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Bah! A nation built on convict immigrants and it took them so long to get that teaser online? I'm disappointed! :D

The teaser did its job though. I'm ready for the movie (and a better copy of the teaser in a few days.)

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

After watching the trailer 10+ times at this point, I'm having a full on nerdgasm. :lol:

J.

12. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't worry about the earth-bound thing...the whole thing's a metaphor for the film being "under construction" (as it says at the end).

Looking forward to a higher-res version of it!

13. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Lieutenant Red Shirt

This confirms a lot of speculation about the film, whether it's a prequel or not.

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

To quote the first season finale of The Next Generation...

"We are back."

Damn straight we are. :thumbsup:

15. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Apt quote, as so are the Romulans. ;)

16. nerfherder

nerfherder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I LOVE it! One thing stands out for me though: someone earlier mentioned the "Steampunk" quality of the aesthetics, and someone else on Trek Movie Report noted how Bladerunner it looked. I know, it's a construction yard, but the tools, hardware of the ship, and gritty mood of the trailer makes me think that this may be a far less sanitized, pretty, and hippy-ized Trekverse than we have seen before. Not that I'm complaining - very refreshing, in fact. But is Abrams' Trek not the clean utopia that Roddenberry envisioned?

17. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

For a teaser it's pretty damn good. It does what a teaser is supposed to do, create interest, generate a buzz about the movie.

18. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

effing chills from just the crappy youtube version...yeeeehaw!

19. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Man oh MAN that was cool... chills 'n' goosebumps city!

No one seems to have mentioned this, but we got quite a few angles on the ship! We even moved from the underside of the saucer to the top in the last shot. It was too dark to make anything out clearly on the internet, but did we see any of the engineering hull?

I can't wait for the official version to hit the 'net so I can watch it over and over and analyze every bit of it! But in the meantime... I am so freaking excited now!

Man, Christmas is a long way off... but what a present!

20. guardian

guardian Commodore

So glad it wasn't another shot of the ship being built in orbit--I've seen that too many times!

I'm was so diappointed with that fan made trailer a few days ago.
    I thought "oh not another "flys by the planets" followed by a lame shot of "ship in orbital drydock" :censored:

Thanks for the curveball JJ

If that shot is in the movie or not--it indicates the 'Big E' IS big and gritty and real, but still very much like the origianl/movie versions.

Well done.