'Paranormal Activity 3' Gets 2011 Release Date!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Really? I thought the ending was creepy and pretty cool, if a little predictable.

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral_Young

I want the original story line resolved before they move on to a five and or a new story. We need to learn what Katie has done with the baby and if Ali will return to rescue her brother and end this :)

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If I were a betting man, I'd guess it will be a sequel to the prequel of the prequel

aka, set in between 3 and 2, with the girls a bit older and relating to the article in the other page of this thread.
    So the timeline would go 3, 4, 2, 1

Who knows, we might have to wait till 5 to see what happens with the baby and Katie.

5. Admiral_Young

That is not what I would do personally. To me that is just dragging and milking things out. I've said it before in this thread, they risk losing fans if they don't resolve the story line they've built up. I know i have no interest in anything else. We don't need a "sequel to the prequel" to me these last two films were just companion pieces to further build the mythology and back story. We need a proper sequel.

6. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I have no doubt they're attempting to milk this sucker for all it's worth. In fact, I think we can expect a 5th movie at a minimum. Wasn't one of the missing tapes dated between movies 3 and 2? They'll likely hit that one up, and then they may finally move towards giving the series a less ambiguous conclusion.

7. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're already milking this thing for all it's worth.

8. Admiral_Young

Yep. Pretty much since the first lol.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds about right.
    The weekend before Halloween plus an intriguing story paid off in spades last time around.

11. Admiral_Young

12. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

My daughter saw this last week and thought it was the best of the bunch. 1 did the job and got me pretty good.. I thought 2 plodded along too much and thus, didn't bother with 3.. Maybe I'll have to check it out, now that it's in the dollar theatres.

While we're on the genre, I absolutely had no idea that Apollo 18 came and went without so much as a whisper. I assumed it hadn't been released yet. Geez... Guess it was pretty bad.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The 13yr old neighbor kid who lives next door to me and watches my dogs asked if I'd seen it(Apollo 18). No, I told him. He said it sucked and not to. This kid rarely finds movies to hate unless it's a romcom. He liked Doom when they rented it.

In movie news similar to PA the film The Devil Inside, also a Paramount film, about a poltergeist done on a budget of $1m did $2m during midnights on Thursday. It'a a hit before the weekend even gets started.

14. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

It does look pretty interesting and creepy... Might have to see it before long.