Farragut Fest 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Kail, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I have not seen a post on this, so I thought I would post a link. I look forward to Farragut Fest every year. It's always a blast. The TOS sets just keep getting bigger and bigger. There is NO bigger thrill for a Star Trek fan than to walk the halls of a Constitution class starship, climb the Jefferies tube, sit in the Captain's chair. Come join us December 7th!
    http://farragutfest.com/

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

It has to be the most impressive set I've ever been privileged to see in person. The event is wonderful, and you can take fun exploring the sets, or grab one of the production team and shanghai them into giving you a tour.

Seriously, we take a three hour drive, eat lunch at the seaside town of St. Mary's. Drive back a mile or two to the studio, and spend another three or four hours touring it, meeting cast and crew, and generally having a BLAST!

I agree with Kail. Come out and see these sets!

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Wish I could be there to cheer you guys on. I'm sure it will be a big hit!

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wish I could come, too!

5. klingonmaquis

klingonmaquis Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll be there ready to geek out!

6. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Any photos guys? Would love to see how it went.

Alec

7. doubleohfive

John posted numerous photos on his Facebook page. I'm sure there will be some posted to the offical Farragut page as well in due time.

8. Potemkin_Prod

9. doubleohfive

Those photos of yours are great, Potemkin_Prod! I wish I'd been able to attend.

How ironic is it that Los Angeles, the very city where all the official Treks have been produced, have no actual fan films produced here (anymore, anyway)?

10. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks, double-oh. The pics are great because the sets are phenomenal. I cannot tell you how impressed my wife, daughter and I have been with our visits to Starship Farragut's studios. And it's all there, for you to see, in appropriate cases touch, and above all hang out with some really cool people. There were hundreds and hundreds of people there, and I'm told that the initial guestimate is somewhere around 1500 people attended, many from Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. Honestly, it's the biggest "convention" I've attended in the past 10-15 years.

Make plans to attend the next one!

11. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

They have a real Jefferies Tube! A real, you can climb into and pretend to work on something Jefferies Tube. I got to watch Star Trek:TOS only in reruns, I would sit there waiting for Scotty to scurry up the Jefferies Tube to work on what ever issue their was. It's my most favorite thing from ST:TOS and they have one. I'm going to try and go to the next one.

12. Potemkin_Prod

Yep, a real Jefferies tube! Gotta love it!

I also like the Romulan bridge, and keep threatening Michael Day and Michael Bednar that I'd love to back the truck up to it and haul it back to Albany.

13. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Great pics, thanks for posting these, it looks like this will be another addition to the ST world of fan fantastic work.
    :bolian::bolian: