What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^Yeah it's a fantastic game, just finished restoring my villa and now I'm on the a treasure hunt, and i have only did three of the main game assassinations.....loving those side quest.:techman:

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah both the main missions and the side quests are much much better than in the first game.

3. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Just Cause 2

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have been playing Red Dead Redemtion lately. A friend was watching and after 15 minutes he left to go buy his own copy.

5. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally started working on Fallout 3 on PC. Pretty buggy though... after messing with the .ini files and tweaking various thread counts I got it to where it doesn't freeze randomly. Of course, it now freezes when I try to exit the game, but I guess that's not a huge deal.

The scripting was really broken in early stages too... the Tunnel Rats harassing Amata just broke and stopped in the middle, Nova in Megaton would just kind of teleport, stuff with Mr Burke was seriously screwed up too, but it seems to have settled down. It's been bad enough to the point where I'm now checking a Fallout 3 wiki randomly on quests to make sure that I didn't get owned by some sort of bug...

I managed to find an important main storyline location out of sequence and only by sheer luck did I save right before doing it... I don't think that breaks the game, but I want to do the full main story.

It's an ok game, but bad shooter gameplay and half-assed VATS is definitely a step down from the original games. It's been getting better though.

Of course, while slowly plodding my way through this game I've picked up like 6 games from Steam's Summer sale so far... the backlog will never end.

6. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

My Xbox 360 version had none of those problems.

7. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wii-ware Frogger game. It's pretty fun.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I just recently picked up Oblivion on the cheep on the theory that as I enjoyed Fallout 3 and have never really gotten into fantasy games, this might be a good introduction.

So far, all I can see is what a huge improvement FO3 must have been to those that played Oblivion first. The combat system is a nightmare, the country side is bland and samey, all the villages feel way to similar to each other and the dialogue assignment is buggered.

9. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

What a truly fantastic game, i have been playing it solidly for a week now and just got the Plat for it, but that was a brilliant ending....and what about those revelations......amazing....its been a while since a game held me in every aspect like this one did.

Right what now....Infamous, GOW collection, Uncharted 2......decision decisions decisions.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Uncharted 2

11. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Rome: Total War. I always come back. Right now I'm on a personal vendetta against Egypt, since they assasinated my best general (And a cousin to the Brutii Faction leader, on top of that). Death to them all!

12. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Rome: Total War is one of my favorite games of all time. While the sequels have all been good, Rome stands out as my favorite of the franchise.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I never played Rome (my brother loves it, though), but I was pretty obsessed with Medieval II: Total War for a good long while.

14. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Still working through Bioshock 2. It makes me crazy, but I can't stop! Haha. I did take a break from it for a while, so I hope I haven't lost my groove now that I feel like playing it again.

15. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too. I sunk days into that game. I wish there was an OS X version.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just finished Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Coniction so started Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, Borderlands and probably soon going to start Saints Row 2.

17. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the moment, Trek On Line for a day or two more. After that, I might go back to Dragon Age if I get the new DLC. Other than that, Mass Effect 1 & 2 are fairly constant.

If I can get them working, I may give the Who games a go.

18. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I've recently begun playing NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. It's pretty addictive, and I'm rather proud of the fact that I've managed to turn the 2006–07 Toronto Maple Leafs into a half-decent team. 15-12-1, good for sixth place, so far...

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Transformers: War for Cybertron. Very cool game. I just started the Autobot campaign. :techman:

After that, I'm going to try Alan Wake.

20. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Star Trek: Tactical Assault for the PSP. A frustrating experience.